Cape Town here we come

My wife and I hit the road later this afternoon,sleeping in Knysna and hope to arrive in CT before lunch tomorrow.

Whilst the wife will be looking for a time anything between 2.59 and 3.10 (depending on all the usual issues),I will be pushing up the rear in my Bumble Bee Foundation kit.

If someone wants to start a thread tomorrow about the road conditions,where the speed traps are,stop/go spots etc,it would help all of us driving through :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic ride and the wind stays away

Guest Frail4Life

I see There is already a ROAD Surface/ Road Works Thread. Enjoy!

GF and I are leaving at around midnight tonight and hoping to arrive late afternoon Friday. I've never been to CT before so we're gonna take it easy, stop plenty and enjoying the drive :-) Might have to stop for forty winks at services somewhere too.

Good luck to everyone!

Travel safely guys and if it is your first Argus enjoy. Cannot make it this year but still wish we were going.

Enjoy the drive, guys. Stop and rest every now and then. DON'T SPEED!!, If you have the bicycles on a rack, make sure it does not obstruct your rear lights / numberplate (otherwise you will be easy pickings for the "Revenue Collecting Agency")

We have organised the most stunning weather (maybe a bit windy for some :whistling: ) for you guys.

Enjoy everyone.... Wish I could make it for my tenth Argus........ say hi to Grant Kunneke for me if you see him (after you have kicked him on his shin - or even better, hire a midget to do it :w00t: ).................

Me and my eldest son will be flying down to CT with Kulula. We will be residing at the Cape Town lodge, which is about 1.5 km away from the start. It will be his first Argus, and my 9th one, but only completed 8 so far. Two years ago I had to pull out because of a severe case of "gyppo guts' after about 60km. My son is really looking forward to this trip, seeing it will also be his first time in Cape Town. Safe traveling to all!

Me and my eldest son will be flying down to CT with Kulula. We will be residing at the Cape Town lodge, which is about 1.5 km away from the start. It will be his first Argus, and my 9th one, but only completed 8 so far. Two years ago I had to pull out because of a severe case of "gyppo guts' after about 60km. My son is really looking forward to this trip, seeing it will also be his first time in Cape Town. Safe traveling to all!

Are you two riding together?

Welcome to Cape Town

Truly a World Class City and a place I like to call home

Enjoy the drive, guys. Stop and rest every now and then. DON'T SPEED!!, If you have the bicycles on a rack, make sure it does not obstruct your rear lights / numberplate (otherwise you will be easy pickings for the "Revenue Collecting Agency")

We have organised the most stunning weather (maybe a bit windy for some :whistling: ) for you guys.

I got three fines driving down to Cape Town, wish I had not stuck the bloody number plate on. First speeding fines ever, I got three on the way down on 1 on the way back. I would have prefered to have taken my chances without the plate. They were all small fines varying between R150 to R300, maybe going over by 15km, funny how each fine was so different in price considering the speeds were all so close.

Are you two riding together?

No, unfortunately not. He did not do any seeding events and is starting at about 10:00. I started at 09:00 last year, but worked hard to improve my seeding and I am starting in group T at 07:15 this year. I am hoping for a 03:30 time this year. He has also said that he will be doing the "funride" thing this year, the same that I did with my first Argus.

No, unfortunately not. He did not do any seeding events and is starting at about 10:00. I started at 09:00 last year, but worked hard to improve my seeding and I am starting in group T at 07:15 this year. I am hoping for a 03:30 time this year. He has also said that he will be doing the "funride" thing this year, the same that I did with my first Argus.

Just thought that you would be riding together. I think that is really lekker for a dad and son. My son is Autistic, so will probably never ride a bike. Hope you get your 3:30

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day on Sunday, if slightly hot. Take it easy through the Karoo. I can guarantee lots of speedtraps! Ons fietsryers het mos baie moolah, aldus die Kraaie langs die pad.