Argus Moron

ChrisH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw an accident 20m in front of me going down smitswinkel on that long fast downhill like 60km/h

6 guys totalled thier bikes. the 1 bike snapped in 1/2!!!!!!! i hung around while people tried to help them but the one oke was mangled and unconcious face down. was scary!!

thats what you get if 28 000 of the 35 000 only do one race a year. Its high time that only riders that do qualifying events are allowed to enter. At least that way the idiots are spread over 4 or 5 events during the year and hopefully natural selection will eliminate the bulk of them by the time they congregate at the Argus.

The idiotic stuff I saw en route today ranged from stopping in the middle of the road to being knocked in the face with some clown's flag in the start chute when I forgot to keep his bike upright.

No no that would not do! That would mean more races will be spoilt. I vowed the previous year not to ride the Argus again - because of the type of riders you get there. I now only ride the rest of the races. :rolleyes:

So please !!!!

Today I went as a spectator at the start , after that we went with the shuttle to the finish and must be honest really were jealous at all the riders (especially as I am definitely the fittest I have ever been on this stage) But once I started to read about all the accidents, my stomach turns and I remember why I don't ride the Argus.

But to be serious I think you have a good point.

The tandem in front of us had one of those very loud rubber bellows & chrome cone type hooters. I soon saw exactly why....especially for the Argus. It helps to clear the way of basic-skill-disadvantaged cyclists.

My chain came off at that spot and wouldn't re-engage... scariest moment on a bike with guys flying buy at 50/60kph!! You're a sitting duck - thank goodness the guys behind were alert and awake!!! :thumbup:

But that clot's gene pool is clearly unchlorinated!!

This should be in the "The problem with Afrikaners...." thread :whistling:

Just joking! Being Afrikaans i am allowed to make such jokes :whistling:

This is the reason i avoid a race with with 35000 riders

Yeah this is the type of thing you will never see me do, 35000 people of which 30000 dont know anything about racing etiquette and behaviour, every year you have to listen to horror stories of idiots pulling stupid crap like this and hurting other people. I still cringe if i saw what happened at the womens elite group.

Now these Borat wannabees are the real MORONS!!!!!!

(from Bicycling Facebook page)

This they will find out today, im sure them cheecks are quite rosy after a couple hours in the sun yesterday,

Anyone know what happened to the male rider who rode over the edge of Chappies on the down side - rear of field - a friend of ours helped at the scene - apparently he was badly injured...

Another thing which grates my tits is those guys who arrive late at the start and then push their way to the front...if you want to be at the front get to the start early!! It is rather funny when these clowns are dropped on the first climb:-)

Now these Borat wannabees are the real MORONS!!!!!!

(from Bicycling Facebook page)

Was it for charity?

And what about chafing?

:w00t:

Anyone know what happened to the male rider who rode over the edge of Chappies on the down side - rear of field - a friend of ours helped at the scene - apparently he was badly injured...

WHaaaaat! :wacko:

add to the moron thread.

last year i did the argus with my girlfriend. while coming up chappies in the 'social' bunch at the back end.

the media and officials motorcycles pushed there way up past the cyclists on the inside, which i thought was ludacris in any case.

for any of you that have been in this HUGE group there is no space and obviously a lot of people are inexperienced and also tend to panic. people swerve out the way and dont look where they are going. one chop took out the front wheel of my gf and didnt even bother to say sorry let alone see if she was okay.

and starting from standstill on chappies is not fun either.

Basically i feel these motorcycles shouldnt come near the cyclists, there was no major reason for them to force there way through, this clearly caused more issues, especially when everyone is suffering up chappies in a massive group. This wasnt just one bike either, was quite a few.