Muslims riding Sani 2 Sea 2012

Bin Laden

I guess I'll the usual flow of "he's a racist bastid who hates muslims" but here goes...

Me - I believe in fitting in. Going to Sani2c then expecting them to cater to your moinority needs is pretty selfish.

When I travel to religious places that require me to conform I conform - majority rule and when in rome I say. Expecting the majority to conform to yout minority is just silly.

And a more controversial comment - if your god is petty that he promises punishment for eating the wrong food (even when it's not available or dressing in the wrong gear then is he really worth following?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth did they expect this to be pulled off?

Having got to know the fellow I think he was jerking my string...but you will be amazed at what we are sometimes asked for

We are mtb'ers not f#$# politicians ! I am sure if you ask for whatever you eat they wil try and get it for you !

You should be ashamed of yourself! He asked a civil question and you reacted like that.

People like you should rather just piss off, the majority of us don't need of appreciate the likes of you!

You should be ashamed of yourself! He asked a civil question and you reacted like that.

People like you should rather just piss off, the majority of us don't need of appreciate the likes of you!

Octavian, there was context to his reply. I have deleted out some of those comments, so the reponse now seems out of place.

I guess I'll the usual flow of "he's a racist bastid who hates muslims" but here goes...

Me - I believe in fitting in. Going to Sani2c then expecting them to cater to your moinority needs is pretty selfish.

When I travel to religious places that require me to conform I conform - majority rule and when in rome I say. Expecting the majority to conform to yout minority is just silly.

And a more controversial comment - if your god is petty that he promises punishment for eating the wrong food (even when it's not available or dressing in the wrong gear then is he really worth following?

:whistling:

Organisers have no problem catering to minority needs so your post is pointless

Thank goodness that we do cater to minority needs more and more these days.Next time you are in a wheel chair I am sure you will be in need of a ramp,wider doors,special ablutions etc

I find your comments really odd

Octavian, there was context to his reply. I have deleted out some of those comments, so the reponse now seems out of place.

Just a question - but why not delete the whole post then instead of leaving something that is out of context and is sure to get a reaction? It then dilutes the actual thread and the OP loses its original purpose.

Organisers have no problem catering to minority needs so your post is pointless

Thank goodness that we do cater to minority needs more and more these days.Next time you are in a wheel chair I am sure you will be in need of a ramp,wider doors,special ablutions etc

I find your comments really odd

I guess I'm just too logical to "get" this religion thing. Sure it's a very shallow question but really - is the god of the jews really going to get pissed off if they eat pork? Likewise muslim people if the food has not been blessed? It just seems pretty petty to me.

I'm not trying to be an arsehole (although it does come naturally) but I don't understand why gods enforce rules that are silly. It forces people (like race oraginsers) to time consuming and additional responsibility for a handful of people.

Couple that with the fact that some religions enforce their own ways in their own country then expect to force their own ways in other countries and religion really seems limiting instead of broadening.

Wheelchairs I can understand - it's a practical problem that requires a practical solution.

I don't see what the fuss is about, we often deal with conferences that have Halaal delegates and venues just order in meals for the guys.

Just let the organisers know and they will more than likely accommodate your needs.

Edited by Mojoman

I guess I'm just too logical to "get" this religion thing. Sure it's a very shallow question but really - is the god of the jews really going to get pissed off if they eat pork? Likewise muslim people if the food has not been blessed? It just seems pretty petty to me.

I'm not trying to be an arsehole (although it does come naturally) but I don't understand why gods enforce rules that are silly. It forces people (like race oraginsers) to time consuming and additional responsibility for a handful of people.

Couple that with the fact that some religions enforce their own ways in their own country then expect to force their own ways in other countries and religion really seems limiting instead of broadening.

Wheelchairs I can understand - it's a practical problem that requires a practical solution.

Its not just religious bans, you get vegetarians, etc that also require special dietry requirements, I get why religions ban certain things, i dont get why someone down want to rip of the horns of a cow wipe its ass and put it on his plate. That defies logic,

However its their choice and their lifestyle so let them be. I dont need to understand why they do what they do.

I don't see what the fuss is about, we often deal with conferences that have Halaal delegates and venues just order in meals for the guys.

Just let the organisers know and they will more than likely accommodate your needs.

Or get nado's to sponsor you :clap:

well said

Thats why i prefer the old gods.Thor,Woden........Not miserable gods intent on punishing you and making your life a misery

Last year, the meat sponsor was Karan Beef. Their products are Halaal. As for the preparation of the food, it is done by parents and teachers from the schools that benefit from the race.

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone please explain to me what the requirements for Halaal is?

Edited by KnobbyMech