Bad form by Mountainbikers

Mr Legs

I was (when I started cycling a few moons ago) once passed by a farm labourer on an old bike. He was motoring along. I tried to keep up, but I only caught him when he stopped for a pee. When I got to him he offered me a smoke. He then got back on his bike, smoke in mouth and proceeded to whip my butt again. :blush:

Thankfully I have got better now.

Same thing this week-end. Been off the bike for two weeks with flu....so feeling sorry for myself (and not too fit to begin with) did a moderate 12km on Sunday morning..................to be passed (at pace) by a steel framed dik wiel that left me for dust. I could not even bother to chase him as I was already exhausted at 11km and on the way home.....

So, back on the wheels and back into the training programme. (read eat less, cycle more) :-)

Hmmm... I hope you were coming from a serious ride somewhere in the mountains, because riding on the gravel next to the tar is not exactly "mountain" biking either. Just saying. :whistling:

Ooo, that hurt!

A while back I'm riding, and a tannie comes past me. Late 50's early 60's, I would guess, with legs that could kickstart a Boeing. I immediately retook the lead, and started hammering it up the mountain. I moered it until I started seeing stars and coughed up a lung, all the while waiting for my heart to start beating again. As soon as I slacked off, she came past me at a blistering pace, told me, "Dankie boetie" and left me for dead.

Guest Travis.

Dear Cassie .... it might have been the following:

• The bar ends
  • Were they wearing "comfortable cycling shoes"
  • They were in a hurry to get home in order to make their husbands lunch
  • They were just flipping fast and fit

• The best view was from behind anyway, don't beat yourself up

haai jinne, weet nie of ek dit moet bieg nie, youngster kom by my verby op sy mtb met slicks, eks ok oppie tar ma met my knobblies. toe die verby jaag toe skree ek agter na...poefter!

soooorieeee :blush: :blush:

I was cruising along on my Saturday morning ride on my MTB, riding next to the road on the gravel when I was passed by 2 persons on mountain bikes who were riding on the tar. I was obviously extremely upset by such bad manners and proceeded to haul them in and passed them, all the while riding on the gravel while they took the smooth ride on the tar. I dropped them and continued pedalling without even a single glance over my shoulder, but lo and behold a k or 3 later on a slight incline they had the audacity to attempt to pass me again. This time I pushed my old and overweight body, but bouncing along over the rocks and washed out gravel sections, could only match them, not pass them. We crested the little hill into a built up area were they turned off into a side street.

Is there some sort of authority where I can report such shameless actions or shall I leave it to the cycling gods to sort them out? Please advise.

I was so cheesed off that I went for another ride this morning and did an extra set of hill repeats.

Mr Legs. You have writing skills second to none. The last time I enjoyed such writing was when I re-read the works of Herman Charles Bosman. Are you not related to him - you style is similar and an absolute joy to read. Johan

Edited by "V"

Who gives a rats ass. Was passed by an old chap on a steel Diamond Back MTB (solid front fork) while doing Karoo to Coast a few years back. The guy was an absolute machine. Just sucked it up and enjoyed the time in the saddle