SPRING CLASSICS 2012

'Dale

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to miss it this year, but a weekend in Houffalize for the MTB World cup will make up for it ;)

I am going to miss it this year, but a weekend in Houffalize for the MTB World cup will make up for it ;)

Damn is round two this weekend? Go Emily!!

Now, that's a good excuse...

Enjoy!

Damn is round two this weekend? Go Emily!!

No it's the 15th but i have other plans this weekend.

Hope Pozzato kick some Boonen bum this weekend.

He was a bit 'unlucky' this past weekend.

Cancellara due back at the end of May.

He underwent surgery already, no complications, 90 mins under.

Cancellara due back at the end of May.

He underwent surgery already, no complications, 90 mins under.

Jaa apprently 4 breaks were fixed with nails / screws.

Smornings paper said he hopes to be on the bike indoors today or tomorrow already....

Jaa apprently 4 breaks were fixed with nails / screws.

Smornings paper said he hopes to be on the bike indoors today or tomorrow already....

His absence in the Spring Classics changes the racing significantly.

Pity.

That's cycling...

Everyone expects Boonen to take it, my money is on Ballan , Vansummeren ,Boasson Hagen or Flecha.

The fact that Boonen has riders the like of Niki Terpstra and Sylvain Chavanel to help him pull through is another story.

I cant wait till Sunday :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Everyone expects Boonen to take it, my money is on Ballan , Vansummeren ,Boasson Hagen or Flecha.

The fact that Boonen has riders the like of Niki Terpstra and Sylvain Chavanel to help him pull through is another story.

My bet is on Pozzato....

On his lime green machine

Looks like he's tuning up for sunday...

15:59:47 CEST

David Boucher leads the break through the finish line for the first time. Three laps of the 16.4km circuit stand between them and the finish, and their lead is down to 3:27.

15:58:35 CEST

Tellingly, when Boonen swings over, the long snaking line of the peloton begins to rearrange itself into a bunch.

15:57:12 CEST

Boonen's cameo has strung out the peloton into one big line. The Belgian and his team have been in enviable form since the start of the season, and their exhibition seems set to continue on the finishing circuit here.

4. 52km remaining from 202.2km
    15:55:23 CEST

Off the pave' and Boonen is still setting the pace on the front of the peloton as Omega Pharma-QuickStep set about chipping away at the break's lead, which now stands at four minutes.

15:54:22 CEST

As soon as asphalt turns to cobblestone, Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) accelerates off the front of the peloton and strings things out. He's still in his leg warmers, but it doesn't mean that Boonen hasn't come here to contribute to the racing.

Looks like he's tuning up for sunday...

16:16:33 CEST

As he glances over his shoulder, however, the Russian can see the collective might of Omega Pharma-QuickStep bearing down on him. Patrick Lefevere's team has enjoyed a remarkable run of form this season. It is difficult to believe the number of wins and winners they have had to date. An incredible turnaround from last year.

16:15:07 CEST

Vladimir Isaichev (Katusha) opens a small gap over the peloton as they rattle over the cobbles at Broekstraat.

Maybe...but I doubt it :P

C'mon, Cav, you can't put your moola on 3 riders.

Pick one. Place your bet. Don't spread it... :devil: