Two Oceans 2012

ricochet_rabbit

Just read on news24:

More than 25 000 due to run the Ultra.

And 16 000 to run the Half.

RECORD NUMBERS!

That is a lot of carbo loading for the Ultra. WoW!

Thats 25000 Total and 16 000 for the half (9200 runs the Ultra)

I'm doing half from B. Sub 90 in that weather with new route will be a challenGE!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it your first or have you not done the training ?

will be my 2nd Ultra. have done some training, but not as much as I hoped. also doing Comrades (3rd)

Weather forecast so far looks like it'll be a wet day out for the runners, and for me in the saddle. I'm riding along with the runners as one of the Powerade support officials. There will be quite a few of us riding with the lead runners of each category. Haven't ridden in the rain for a while, so have to pay my dues again it seems. Here's hoping the weather improves.

I see you can substitute a 1/2 entry...before the 7 march.

That's pretty lame, especially from an event that sells out quickly with all the hype. Expect to see plenty of people running under someone else's name. I might be one of them.

I see you can substitute a 1/2 entry...before the 7 march.

That's pretty lame, especially from an event that sells out quickly with all the hype. Expect to see plenty of people running under someone else's name. I might be one of them.

You could sub with someone until 7 March. But you will be running under your own name. They need your ID at registration before giving you your race number etc.

Edited by ADe

Thats 25000 Total and 16 000 for the half (9200 runs the Ultra)

I'm doing half from B. Sub 90 in that weather with new route will be a challenGE!

Uhm, okay...

And as noted before, the wettest I've finished the Half was in light drizzle. This forecast looks more wintery.

If it is a wet and cold race, what is the best clothes to wear? Dont want to be to warm or cold.

If it is a wet and cold race, what is the best clothes to wear? Dont want to be to warm or cold.

shorts & club vest or running shirt. wear an old t-shirt to toss on route after the first couple km.

Leaving now for Cape Town, the trail will be good weather but it seems like its going to be nice and wet saturday

Good luck to all the runners

I will be in block B running in Nedbank colours and very bright traithlon shoes

Spare a thought for those on the 56 km route this morning.

:-)

It's pouring from the heavens here in Cape Town...

This weather makes it a lot more challenging for these runners. Some early 21km runners seemed to have escape the rain.

This weather makes it a lot more challenging for these runners. Some early 21km runners seemed to have escape the rain.

Yeah, changes everything.

Icy wind blowing as well which can bring some wind chill to these courageous ones.