Audax

bazzerp

About 30Km west of Toronto, whereas Scarborough is probably 20-30Km East of Toronto.

Special brew - you've got to try Cameron's - probably the closest to Gilroy's in SA

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 30Km west of Toronto, whereas Scarborough is probably 20-30Km East of Toronto.

Special brew - you've got to try Cameron's - probably the closest to Gilroy's in SA

Ok, opposite sides then.

I will certainly have to keep that in mind (Cameron's) great restaurants there too, I always gain at least 5 kg's every time I go there, really sucks.! :D

There's a crazy volume of restaurants here. This is probably why marketing is so in-your-face. I should probably write a paper on the differences between retail in NA vs SA while it's still fresh in my mind.

BTW, I think we lost the OP, even waaay before all this talk about beer

There's a crazy volume of restaurants here. This is probably why marketing is so in-your-face. I should probably write a paper on the differences between retail in NA vs SA while it's still fresh in my mind.

BTW, I think we lost the OP, even waaay before all this talk about beer

Yeah, probably, but hay, beer is always a good conversational point, I am sure he will forgive us. :whistling:

Guest Frail4Life

There's this arse clown from my old man's cycling club, he rides from Springs to Nelspruit for fun. He rode from Springs to the start of the Epic one year, didn't have an entry or anything, rode the first to stages as well, then got found and kicked off, rode home. Reckon he does the same sort of mileage as F_ _A_I_L, and has more screws loose.

WHAT? You got me Some COMPETION???

Still Planning something for September. IF I CAN GET LEAVE?

Guy, just noticed, when did you move to Canada ?

Also, from you guys who have done the PBP, why is a 300km and then a 400km trip in one month so tricky ?

And is it feasible to be doing 280 km a day with some rest and sleep ?

As with gogo, this bug is nibbling away, and this would be a nice bucket list tick to do.

Haven't done PBP, but I've lost about 10% of my power after the 400km. Took me proably 2 months to get power back to normal. I never could get going!! Perhaps the MTB was not a good idea. SO for me doing a 400 and a 300 in on month with be do-able but I will not be able to do both at speed.

Sorry to see that you moved to Canada!!!!!!!!

Edited by Underachiever

Haven't done PBP, but I've lost about 10% of my power after the 400km. Took me proably 2 months to get power back to normal. I never could get going!! Perhaps the MTB was not a good idea. SO for me doing a 400 and a 300 in on month with be do-able but I will not be able to do both at speed.

Sorry to see that you moved to Canada!!!!!!!!

Me too, but I just want to ride my bike, on my own, whatever time of day or night. After four nasty incidents, I thought I was starting to push my luck, and saw no alternative

Me too, but I just want to ride my bike, on my own, whatever time of day or night. After four nasty incidents, I thought I was starting to push my luck, and saw no alternative

Yup, sad isnt it.?

My daughters fiance' was attacked in his house with a spade when he came home, forced him into the boot of his car and tossed him out on some deserted road, fortunately no lasting physical injuries but mentally it was very traumatic and within 6 months of the attack he had secured a job in Toronto and they left.

My wife and I miss her terribly, our only child, it was and still is gut wrenching.

Anyway, she loves living in Toronto and that makes us happy, but yeah, I hear you.

Yup, sad isnt it.?

My daughters fiance' was attacked in his house with a spade when he came home, forced him into the boot of his car and tossed him out on some deserted road, fortunately no lasting physical injuries but mentally it was very traumatic and within 6 months of the attack he had secured a job in Toronto and they left.

My wife and I miss her terribly, our only child, it was and still is gut wrenching.

Anyway, she loves living in Toronto and that makes us happy, but yeah, I hear you.

Please post some good news / upbeat stories someone ..... it's pooza Thursday ;)

My personal experience so far differs. I moved here from UK 5 years ago - in that time, none of my friends here have been attacked or had problems. I've had 3 friends in Uk robbed. Someone was murdered on street corner we lived on in London (which was a good area), and friend of a friend was murdered in Germany.

Not dissing you guys @GoG or @GuyP at all - I know sh*t happens here, but it can elsewhere too.

Hey guys - the X men (Dave & I) from Durbs are keen on doing LEL - just need to get through Joberg2c before we join Eddie on a few of his rides and start to ramp up the training.

Guy - sorry to see you've moved on - pic atteched brings back a few memories (PM me a email and i will send you a few more)

post-964-0-88689000-1333002877.jpg

Edited by GrantC

ooooooo, looks like we are going to have a South African Team !

Now you're talking - count me in (assuming ex-pat Brits living in SA are eligible to be considered for an SA team).

Jerseys?

Guy - sorry to see you've moved on - pic atteched brings back a few memories (PM me a email and i will send you a few more)

Nice pic - making me very envious, 2015 seems a lifetime away still!

Please post some good news / upbeat stories someone ..... it's pooza Thursday ;)

My personal experience so far differs. I moved here from UK 5 years ago - in that time, none of my friends here have been attacked or had problems. I've had 3 friends in Uk robbed. Someone was murdered on street corner we lived on in London (which was a good area), and friend of a friend was murdered in Germany.

Not dissing you guys @GoG or @GuyP at all - I know sh*t happens here, but it can elsewhere too.

That's true walkerrr, but hopefully my turn has come and gone forever! Ultimately, do what's good for you but whatever you do, ride your bike!!

Hey guys - the X men (Dave & I) from Durbs are keen on doing LEL - just need to get through Joberg2c before we join Eddie on a few of his rides and start to ramp up the training.

Grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One half of the Merckx brothers :thumbup: !

Good to hear from you!

Yes, that was definitely a 'before' pic! It took two min two days to feel half human again after that. Jeepers, if you and Dave are in, I hardly feel like I can't do LEL now!

I like the idea of a South African team - we can all get SA-type jerseys and have some real fun... The plot thickens!!!

And please give Dave his pat on the back from me!

Yes, post some pics! I'll dig around and post some of mine!