Cape Epic Stage 3 : 147km, 2900m

rouxtjie

@36ONE: Team 36ONE-SONGO-SPECIALIZED lift their bikes over their heads as they cross the river - in the lead with 360Life

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossing the Bree River...

Nice eagle eye's view.

http://singletrack.competitor.com/files/2012/03/ACE12_ST2_GP_04861-631x421.jpg

Cool pic

I may be (and probably am) way off the mark but my understanding is that a Hotspot is an 'arbitrary' point on the route (not KOM) at which point the first team wins cash. Intended to make the racing exciting?

So this is where you made all your winnings last year ?

@AbsaCapeEpic:

@africanmtbkid , @sauserwind , @davegeorge101 + @kevinevansracin together at river crossing

Team Fedgroup 90 second behind, then @Meridaracing and @teambulls 1 #absacapeepic

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

@AbsaCapeEpic:

@Nedbank360life and @36ONE now several minutes up the road with chasers resigned to fight for 3rd today.

Between are Fedgroup stuck in no man's land

Guys I hear what you are saying about 360life most probably not being able to make up enough time for a podium finish. However, remember that any team out there may still hit a mechanical or 2 so things could change in the blink of an eye. Yes, it will be a near impossible task if good fortune shins on all the top teams WRT mechanicals...

36One Songo has a strong backup team for this eventuality, so does Bulls. If you don't have to "chase the game" you can afford to be more conservative (like 36One did last year) on the more technical sections. It seems like the only thing that would derail another 36One Title at this stage would be injury or illness to either rider.

Hey, what's the connection between 360Life and 360ne?

Shurrup Bob and go dust off your stupid bike