Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

The guy from Emseni explicitly told us that the water from the taps is safe for consumption and not only the tanks provided. Don't know if it was from the mud but the first guy I saw with problems was using a camelbak. My own waterbottles were a mess!!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy from Emseni explicitly told us that the water from the taps is safe for consumption and not only the tanks provided. Don't know if it was from the mud but the first guy I saw with problems was using a camelbak. My own waterbottles were a mess!!

So its a BYOW party this weekend? Will be carrying bottled water in my camelbak methinks.

Event was really great! Big respect to Gary and Solly for getting another route sorted for day1, I think they where as disappointed as we where, but no-one can control the weather!

I know people who stayed in the area who had nothing to do with berg and Bush and also got Gypo's!

I think Powasol did a great job despite the negative comments, the weather conditions where really not conducive to operating a normal washbay.

Will be back next year for sure!

So its a BYOW party this weekend? Will be carrying bottled water in my camelbak methinks.

There's water on sale at the beer tent, or just stick to beer and you'll be ok ph34r.png

Personally I think the gypos came from the mud. It wasn't just mud remember. Lots of cow and sheep poop in that mushy mix. Found myself getting splattered quite a lot. Everyone had some of it on their faces. Not hard to imagine how it was ingested. Stay away from water bottles on the bike. They get filthy. Even the spout on my hydration pack got muddy

Yeh - I wondered about this. I ate what everyone else ate, chowed down on everything at the seconding tables, drank the water out of the tanks marked 'drinking water' and I had no problems. I also have a crud catcher which stops a lot of stuff getting slung in your face.

There's water on sale at the beer tent, or just stick to beer and you'll be ok ph34r.png

Beer in my camelbak - now that would be a novel riding experiment. I hear there are lots of electorlytes in beer thumbup1.gif

WOW!

BIG UP to Gary and the team for putting on a great event! This was my first stage event and I WILL be back next year! This is one well organized event and the food was perfect, not to mention the water tables! YUMMY! I never had so much fun (and pain) on my bike this past weekend. I was blown away with the awesome singletrack, and the views we had.

The Berg & Bush is a must do! Next year I will be entering the Great Trek

thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

JISLAAIK what an event. I could possibly say that the 3 days i have just spent at the berg and bush were up there with the best days on my bike. from the descent from the berg to that descent down from Spionkop on day 2 (which was mindblowing) right through to the puff-adder on day3. Throw in some good hard climbs, great food, great water tables and a tent all to myself (although next year it will be back to 2 per tent i am sure). Absolutely brilliant - i had an absolute blast

JISLAAIK what an event. I could possibly say that the 3 days i have just spent at the berg and bush were up there with the best days on my bike. from the descent from the berg to that descent down from Spionkop on day 2 (which was mindblowing) right through to the puff-adder on day3. Throw in some good hard climbs, great food, great water tables and a tent all to myself (although next year it will be back to 2 per tent i am sure). Absolutely brilliant - i had an absolute blast

How's that long drop pass. Don't think I've ever ridden better, although was quite slidey on Saturday. Were you guys on dry track the whole way?

How's that long drop pass. Don't think I've ever ridden better, although was quite slidey on Saturday. Were you guys on dry track the whole way?

Long drop was brilliant too. What made all the singletrack so good was that it was rough and rocky and you had to concentrate the whole time.

except for some wet spots - we were on dry track the whole time. Weather was perfect - sun everyday, the only negative i could say was we had some fierce head winds.

Long drop was brilliant too. What made all the singletrack so good was that it was rough and rocky and you had to concentrate the whole time.

except for some wet spots - we were on dry track the whole time. Weather was perfect - sun everyday, the only negative i could say was we had some fierce head winds.

You ride up Mike's Pass?

Mike's pass was impossible on sunday(for me at least)

@Stretch, why was it that you got your own tents?

My partner and I are looking at Great Trek for next year as well. Had an awesome experience this year.

Mike's pass was impossible on sunday(for me at least)

@Stretch, why was it that you got your own tents?

My partner and I are looking at Great Trek for next year as well. Had an awesome experience this year.

Ja they told us that hardly anyone rode mikes during the descent cos of the wet. We got our own tents cos the great trek was not full. Meant no queues for food, showers etc etc but i think it will be full next year. Great trek was awesome - you get the 3 days but with a much more chilled environment - much like the sani adventure i suppose