Cape Epic Stage 4: 103km, 2 600m climbing

Tumbleweed

What frame is William Keith riding on? He's usually on a van Nicholas 26 but someone posted a pic in one of the many Epic threads where it looked like a Cruz but I can't find it for love or money.

It looked like a Santa Cruz HighBall.

(That's my photo, but I saw a better one elsewhere)

post-615-0-08593200-1333022631.jpg

Edited by splat

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! You've no idea how much time I've spent searching for that today...

I know for a fact that he has a SantaCruz Highball, so it might just be the bike he is riding with.

Theresa Ralph 2nd again in ladies and 1 hour ahead of 3rd in GC. Not too shabby .

Edited by scotty

Agree 100% they are in another league completely, I am a huge 360Life fan, but to be frank, even if they did not have any mechanical issues, I do not think that the status quo would be any different. Their ability and talent is not in question, Burry is just a bit windgat lately.

I think you guys are missing Burry's point. Yesterday, he was actually asking and aswering the question to himself - why did they not gift a stage to 360Life, as 36One were leading and likely winners and they should share the spoils, His answer (to himself and us) I think was perfectly justifyable - firstly "no gifts" (they might have a mechanical and not win) and secondly he didn't feel that 360Life did enough to warrant a gift on this stage.

All fair comment IMO. Today's tweet though suggests he's picked up the negative vibe round his comments BUT still didn't gift them a stage.Still needs some PR training though.

I wonder whether 360two are expecting or hoping for gifts now? Would it help their relationship ;-)

Edited by #Pete#

Cool pick!

Why is it that a helicopter always makes things look more intense? This would just be a picture of 2 guys cycling on a random dirt road, but add a helicopter hovering and bam!

I reckon I'm just going to photoshop helicopters into all me funride picks. Imagine a standard funride prick, but with an Apache gunship hovering behind you, maybe some explosions - awesome!

To be honest I reckon the helicopter ruins the picture. It takes the focus away from the cyclists and makes the helicopter the centre of attention. The shadow on the left ruins it further. Also those two cyclists alone on a long desolate stretch of road would have evoked a better impression of the Epic. Hey, but that's just me... :)

Re. the tension issue: I don't buy the reasoning that they're competitors so they obviously won't be friends. Take a look at the PMB WC event. All the DH'ers congratulating each other high-fiving all over the place. Then the XC competitors doing the same, and the ladies winner basically saying they're all good friends on the WC tour.

Were they high fiving each other before racing? Remember this is a stage event. There is still racing to do.

Am sure Esther Suss did prologue on Wheeler 26 DS and is now on Wheeler HT 29er..... unless my eyes were deceiving me... this obviously means you are allowed to change bikes for the various stages???