Cape Epic Stage 4: 103km, 2 600m climbing

Tumbleweed

Me too. Burry shook his hand and said thanks will he was busy talking to the press.

Okay - thats how it should be. :thumbup:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you would have thought they would let the riders go have a proper shower and get dressed .... not a bucket of water in a tent in full view of the spectators! What's that all about? Surely there's no rush to do the presentations?

Think the presentations are done quite quickly so the recovery process can begin. Sauser said that this race is won in bed.

Edited by Mackie

you would have thought they would let the riders go have a proper shower and get dressed .... not a bucket of water in a tent in full view of the spectators! What's that all about? Surely there's no rush to do the presentations?

With processing tv footage there is always time pressure.

hubba hubba mama, ek gannie klanie :drool: ha ha ha

its amazing how quickly people jump to conclusions and this is how rumours get started.

Absolutely ridiculous really. People also see what they want to see. These riders have a lot of people pulling them in different directions when they finish a stage too. Team managers trying to get interview kit on, helpers cleaning them up for the cameras, media trying to corner them for a quick interview, formal interviews to get to.... it is rather manic when they cross the line. Not sure how people expect them to fit sitting around a campfire with their competitors singing kumbaya into all of that!

Think the presentations are done quite quickly so the recovery process can begin. Sauser said that this race is won in bed.

But surely they have to wait for the ladies, mixed, masters, etc before presentations? At the minimum you would think that a little privacy would be the norm .... odd for a race with no lack of facilities!

But surely they have to wait for the ladies, mixed, masters, etc before presentations? At the minimum you would think that a little privacy would be the norm .... odd for a race with no lack of facilities!

OK, so I was wrong .... presentations already!!

Called it as I saw it, take a pill.

I've seen the same as what you saw. At the finish of the prologue - watching the footage of Burry and Suzie coming across the line for the win by a few seconds with KE and DG under the gazebo sucking on their bottles. After that tussle I'd assumed there'd be some congratulations or banter between the two teams but they were literally standing 3-4 feet from each other and none of them were registering the presence of the others - as if the other team didn't exist. While they might shake hands in front of the cameras when necessary, doesn't seem to me to be too much love lost between those two teams.

If I do quick calculations, am I right if I say that 360LIFE could have 2nd on GC now?

post-615-0-13487000-1333015427.jpg