Bike Rack Number Plates

flymango

Cheapest& easiest is just to remove your bike rack plate from the holder and replace with your wifes number plate which is behind the bikes, this way you have correct plate on and do not have to make another plate.

Edited by Cheese

We did a trip to Oudshoorn last year just before the Attakwas, and had the bike rack attached with my wifes' car number plate still attached.

On the N8 just before Petrusburg we were stopped by Spietkops (RayBans et al.) and fined R500-00 for displaying the wrong number plate.

The stupid thing is that I had the right number plate for the bike rack in the car, but it was under all the luggage, on top of the spare wheel.

Lesson learnt out of this? Rather take the 2 minutes to put the proper number plate on, and save some money.

OK. Some of you will be pleased to know that I did the right thing and got a number plate made with my wife's car's registration number. I'll use cable ties for easy attachment and removal over my car's number plate as required on the bike rack. Took me half an afternoon to get the plate, which is exactly what I was trying to avoid. But now it's done.

OK. Some of you will be pleased to know that I did the right thing and got a number plate made with my wife's car's registration number. I'll use cable ties for easy attachment and removal over my car's number plate as required on the bike rack. Took me half an afternoon to get the plate, which is exactly what I was trying to avoid. But now it's done.

you'll thank us later . . . . :-)

Are you saying that there's a gap for an online number plate make up and delivery service?

Are you saying that there's a gap for an online number plate make up and delivery service?

Hey, why not? Take the hassle-factor away, make sure it's legitimate (I had to take proof of VIN), and presto!!

Actually, that could be quite a good idea.

Client emails a copy of the papers, plates are made and delivered, delivery guy just checks the email copy to the original.

Might make some good money esp if you can get some dealerships on board.

Who wants to start this little company???

Client emails a copy of the papers, plates are made and delivered, delivery guy just checks the email copy to the original.

Guy who lives across the road from me has a company that does this amongst others. His wife used to be at ABSA finance, so they have several dealerships on the east on board.

Sound like a loophole for fraud if you ask me, with not having original documents in front of you. I could be wrong as well. In saying that when I got my plate made they asked for no details at all, I just told them my reg no and they made it.

Guy who lives across the road from me has a company that does this amongst others. His wife used to be at ABSA finance, so they have several dealerships on the east on board.

A quick google session revealed quite a few that are into this.

A quick google session revealed quite a few that are into this.

:thumbup:

I see your post now only...