Jock Cycle Classic

LOOK695

To be perfectly honest, I entered the 3 stage Jock just so that I could get a special edition " Jock fleece" jacket!

It better be damn good ****"en fleece jacket.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing it on the tandem, I think i am going to wear out the teeth on the granny gear

Way I read it, Stage 2 included boulders + 30k's of **** loads of climbing (gulp - dry mouth)

Stage distances:

STAGE 1: BARBERTON TO NELSPRUIT VIA HILLTOP – 42KM

STAGE 2: NELSPRUIT TO KAAPMUIDEN VIA BOULDERS – 58.8KM

STAGE 3: KAAPMUIDEN TO BARBERTON – 54KM

I found that the climb up Hilltop is steeper than Boulders ( although it is shorter)

I did this way back in 2006. Stunning scenery ;-) do not be ashamed of getting off and pushing on the steeper climbs! Just be very alert when riding past bunches of kids at the side of the road. One of them tried to steal chilli's bottle from the bottle cage as we rode past :-O

Enjoy it guys!

I found that the climb up Hilltop is steeper than Boulders ( although it is shorter)

Got to agree, i think Hilltop is steeper. Problem is not the two big climbs, its the 50km drag uphill to the finish!

Doing it on the tandem, I think i am going to wear out the teeth on the granny gear

That is brave!!!

Guys we have an opening where we are staying outside Barberton if anyone has not come right with accommodation

pop me a pm

Seeding is out on Cyclelab.

Me? I'll need to fit cups under my eyes to catch the blood from bleeding through them!

Seeded in 'A-aina' :( Might need the "headstart" to get to the finish of each stage before the organisers pack up to move to the next stage!

Got to agree, i think Hilltop is steeper. Problem is not the two big climbs, its the 50km drag uphill to the finish!

Now that is wisdom!!!

Seeding is out on Cyclelab.

Me? I'll need to fit cups under my eyes to catch the blood from bleeding through them!

Seeded in 'A-aina' :( Might need the "headstart" to get to the finish of each stage before the organisers pack up to move to the next stage!

Also seeded A for 'aish"

At least it looks like it will be a warm weekend!

not for the first stage we gonna freeze our nuts off :)