Stolen Demo 8 ii

HeinrichH

Maybe they will bring it back, they could be confused thinking it's a Demo bike???

Jokes aside, that's really f'k-up.... maybe we should start installing GPS unit's in all bikes worth 50k or more, i reckon it's worth it???

You didn't have any insurance on the bike did you, wonder what they would say if you did, seeing it was stolen outside of the owners property?

Edited by TheV

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is kxk.over the years i have had 2 bikes stolen,a stolen car(while at court)and my house has been burgled a few times.I really feel for your loss and will keep a lookout for your bike.i really hope this thread has a happy ending one day.never got my car or the one bike back.

SO sorry Bro...guys also be on the lookout for parts being sold that you KNOW this bike had on it ,highly unlikely but you never know

Why? Do you think they will go for a bargain?

haha just kidding!

But yeah... things like the Saint cranks should grab one's attention.

You didn't have any insurance on the bike did you, wonder what they would say if you did, seeing it was stolen outside of the owners property?

Man, I hope he did! If it was me and I was uninsured I'd be clinically depressed.

As for the off the owners property, some bike insurance covers that. The one I use even covers if my bike is locked to a streetlamp outside the shops kinda thing. As long as it's locked to something immovable, locked behind a door/gate, or at an official event (where it doesn't have to be locked up... I guess they think those things are safe from 5-finger discountees), it's covered from theft

As for the off the owners property, some bike insurance covers that. The one I use even covers if my bike is locked to a streetlamp outside the shops kinda thing. As long as it's locked to something immovable, locked behind a door/gate, or at an official event (where it doesn't have to be locked up... I guess they think those things are safe from 5-finger discountees), it's covered from theft

Yeah. It's like your car insurance. Even if someone else is driving it, they still cover it, they might just increase the excess.

actually Patches: old mutual says, that even if stolen off the owners property, but it wasnt under the roofed structure of the house, aka INSIDE, they will only insure 50% of the replacement cost. Yep, pure manure... <_<

actually Patches: old mutual says, that even if stolen off the owners property, but it wasnt under the roofed structure of the house, aka INSIDE, they will only insure 50% of the replacement cost. Yep, pure manure... <_<

good thing I'm not with Old Mutual :lol:

Hi guys, they just stole my Demo 8ii (red and blk) this afternoon from Claremont. If you see anything please let me know.

:wacko:

Thanks for the words of support guys. I've let my insurance broker know about the situation, so we'll see what they say. I'd rather not speculate about details here, as it may affect the outcome.

I have a case number, and the forensics guys were here a short while ago to try to find prints. Couldn't find any (the surfaces of the gate, wall etc are too rough), but after they left I disposed of some cardboard and found the cut lock, as well as a shiny piece of metal plate - which I think they may have used to force open the gate - in one of my recycling bins. Guess what, even my untrained eye can make out prints on the plate, so I've bagged it (using gloves of course) and will take it to the police station a little later...

Cap, I'll PM you the location of the dents a little later!

Edited by MH for short

• 4 months later...

Ta-da!!!

post-3655-0-49647700-1345739345.jpg

Identified the Demo 8 at the police station this afternoon, after it was recovered.

It's being held as evidence in the case against the f$%^ers who stole it, after they were arrested with this and another expensive bike in their possession. Both suspects currently in lock-up :thumbup:

Going to be a wait to get it back (court date still to be set, etc), but worth it.

The seatpost and seat's gone, and amusingly, the thieves added their own chain and padlock (clearly they didn't want their stolen bike stolen, haha!) but otherwise it's still in acceptable condition.

Edited by MH for short

Ta-da!!!

post-3655-0-49647700-1345739345.jpg

Identified the Demo 8 at the police station this afternoon, after it was recovered.

It's being held as evidence in the case against the f$%^ers who stole it, after they were arrested with this and another expensive bike in their possession. Both suspects currently in lock-up :thumbup:

Going to be a wait to get it back (court date still to be set, etc), but worth it.

The seatpost and seat's gone, and amusingly, the thieves added their own chain and padlock (clearly they didn't want their stolen bike stolen, haha!) but otherwise it's still in acceptable condition.

Awesome news :thumbup: Did they catch them using the finger prints you managed to find?

Awesome news :thumbup: Did they catch them using the finger prints you managed to find?

Actually, no, it was just a lucky find. They're known culprits, apparently.

Edited by MH for short

Guest Omega Man

How are known culprits not in prison or a hole in the ground??????????

I HAAAAATE thieves. Why don't the lazy @ss CUNCE go out and GET A JOB instead of being lowlife loser thieves???? I honestly think people caught stealing stuff should have their hands chopped off. Then of course you'd see a whole bunch of FCKTARDS at traffic lights with signs saying NO HANDS 12 KIDS PLEASE HELP.

Why must they take take take? Don't they get that eventually there will be FCKALL left to take? You have to make as well.

It just goes to show how retarded they are tho. correct me if I'm wrong here but I think that's the ONLY red demo in Cape Town. It's one of probably 3 in the whole country.

Ah. I feel so much better now.

Edited by Omega Man

Can you elaborate on the lucky find at all, or is it a matter of the case still pending? Do you get the bike back and did they find the owner of the Spez?