sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the beading band that Farmer Glen gave us to put on our bikes and don't forget that we can get on our bikes and ride them.

Its got a permanent spot on my bike now...my most prized freebie from sani2c, yes even more than the awesome hoodie or jacket :thumbup:

Rode the Trail. First time doing Sani2c. Was a great experience. Don't want to rehash all the good stuff being said.

I have 3 complaints - Firstly no clothing in the box when we registered. Now I enetered and paid in Sept, they knew I was coming and had my money. I almost left my warm jacket at home, luckily I kept it in the car or else I'd have been stuffed. Secondly, after the finish there were no boxes with our kit. We had to wait over an hour for them to arrive. Not so great when you want a shower and need to pack up to drive back to JHB. Lastly, not as important, but a warm/hot shower at the end would be great.

They did say during the ride we could get the missing kit after the race, a bit of an anti-climax. Even then, only had the Salamon jackets and will now hopefully get the Aca Joe jackets posted. We wait in anticipation.

Unfortunately, sometimes the small things tend to outweigh all the great things.

Edited by gtr1

Boo for work today...had a blast, got awesome pressies and rode the best piece of singletrack in SA. Congratz to all that finished...and shot Lukep for you obama speeches on day1... :thumbup:

Mnr no prob on the Obama speech, you repaid me when you put me in the hurt locker after I over ate at WP2 on day 2 full belly and push of a climb = Nandos flavoured burps.

Let me knwo when the Go pro footage is avalible!

Now for the 3 towers!

Mnr no prob on the Obama speech, you repaid me when you put me in the hurt locker after I over ate at WP2 on day 2 full belly and push of a climb = Nandos flavoured burps.

Let me knwo when the Go pro footage is avalible!

Now for the 3 towers!

will do meneer, we caught that crash on gopro perfectly, anyone riding in that big bunch(mostly nokia lumina kitted peeps) in the race day3 after WP1?

Edited by rouxtjie

Its got a permanent spot on my bike now...my most prized freebie from sani2c, yes even more than the awesome hoodie or jacket :thumbup:

i looked at that a couple of times during day 2 - will definitely stay on my bike. great gesture/concept by the organisers

Secondly, after the finish there were no boxes with our kit. We had to wait over an hour for them to arrive...

We had the same issue, felt like hours for our box to arrive and with our tools in it to dissassemble the bikes for the shuttle to the airport, we were stuck. Fortunately the Nando's burger made the wait worthwhile. Made it just in time and I ended up getting on the bus all dirty.

Rode the Trail. First time doing Sani2c. Was a great experience. Don't want to rehash all the good stuff being said.

I have 3 complaints - Firstly no clothing in the box when we registered. Now I enetered and paid in Sept, they knew I was coming and had my money. I almost left my warm jacket at home, luckily I kept it in the car or else I'd have been stuffed. Secondly, after the finish there were no boxes with our kit. We had to wait over an hour for them to arrive. Not so great when you want a shower and need to pack up to drive back to JHB. Lastly, not as important, but a warm/hot shower at the end would be great.

They did say during the ride we could get the missing kit after the race, a bit of an anti-climax. Even then, only had the Salamon jackets and will now hopefully get the Aca Joe jackets posted. We wait in anticipation.

Unfortunately, sometimes the small things tend to outweigh all the great things.

didnt mind the lack of kit in my box to start with too much and am also waiting for the post - didnt even mind the cold shower at the end...but that stupid queue to collect and return boxes was ridiculous (might not have been as bad for you cos you cam in earlier - but midfield it was stoooopid)

What a super event! My first Sani2C, did the adventure and absolutely loved every second of it! Had some good laughs and felt like crying on Day 2... Nando's sorted that out in jiffy!

Best single track i have done for sure... Got stuck behind slower person on day 2 down the valley, might be a blessing in disguise, as i would have tried to fly down there...

I will be back in 2013 for sure! Well organized race and it was a true adventure! The free clothes etc just made it so much better...

Seriously? You're saying Sani was *** because you didn't get your freebies on time, had to wait a bit for your box, and had a cold shower? And that all outweighs all the great things the event does for the communities along the way, let alone the fantastic riding into the valley?

I'd sleep naked in a hole in the ground with no showers for a month to get the opportunity to ride into the Umkomaas again.

Perhaps Sani isn't the event for you then.

"Wait for your box" - so, it's OK for you or anybody else to have a mechanical on route, but OH, BOY, just not the poor truck moving the boxes......you sound like a typical roadie...

1 box got incorrectly packed by the Underberg Primary School.....1 out of 4,500....jeesh, that's a bloody good percentage....(sorry, it had to be yours!)

Cold shower......you are definitely a roadie and not a REAL MTB'er!! :thumbdown:

Rather, be grateful to have had the opportunity to have ridden THE BEST TRAILS in SA for over 3 days......think of everything that went right!!! and start to list them.... :thumbup:

Edited by Gerhardc

Had a great ride not technicals or cramps the only problem we had on the Adventure was the lack of water at the first water point on day 2 only coke. (clover truck broke down) Finished the last of my water about 5 kms before the Nandos climb but my partner helped me out otherwise no complaints.

I had a blast, best single track I have ridden for years. Not one technical issue with the bike or legs. Beers were cold at the end of each day. Big thumbs up to all the local community that contributed to such good memories and laughs.

Probably the best organized South African mass gathering event I have ever been to.

My jackets and things were all wrong sizes and didn't even get the Aca Joe stuff yet. Others I know have a lot more things to worry about than such trivial stuff. I'm sure they will sort mine out when they get over the wind up as they said they would.

Well done to all

Seriously? You're saying Sani was *** because you didn't get your freebies on time, had to wait a bit for your box, and had a cold shower? And that all outweighs all the great things the event does for the communities along the way, let alone the fantastic riding into the valley?

I'd sleep naked in a hole in the ground with no showers for a month to get the opportunity to ride into the Umkomaas again.

Perhaps Sani isn't the event for you then.

hey Velo, met your Mrs at the hotel after the adventure. I had a hub shirt on and we landed up chatting. She had a netcare top on ?

My only disappointment involved ******** responses from two riders when I POLITELY asked for track on singletrack descents. No buddy, actually I'm not trying to beat Kevin Evans. I am in fact here for fun and for me fun involves blasting down singletrack at speed. Funny that he figures I'm trying to win when he is the one that won't give up 5 seconds to move over so I can enjoy the trail.

Same thing happens to me every year . My strengths are the downhills and single track, I dont block guys on the distric road uphills (which I suck at), so same thing applies for them not blocking me on the downhills (I politely ask them to give me a chance to pass when they are able to). You're right I wont beat Evans, but I get my thrills blasting downhill! We are there to enjoy the trails in our own way.

But, awesome event once again. Can't wait for next year!

Edited by Rob7X