lego

Wayne Potgieter

Got to meet Bobbo_SA and family on Saturday at the shop...and take delivery of this...

attachicon.gifCP0eMROWoAAgM0U.jpg

Normally I don't play nice with others, but I let Jamie and Casey build with me...

attachicon.gifCP2J0kIWsAAO1ZR.jpg

attachicon.gifCP5C2PoWIAAFfgM.jpg

Easily one of the greatest Lego sets ever produced! So much of chuffed! :thumbup:   

I'm quite impressed by his size, by the way the box felt, and that there seemed to be very little "air" space in the box i figured he was going to be a decent size.

Now we just hope they decide the "Tinny" is a viable candidate to move into production.

post-18786-0-16405700-1443425512_thumb.jpg

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite impressed by his size, by the way the box felt, and that there seemed to be very little "air" space in the box i figured he was going to be a decent size.

Now we just hope they decide the "Tinny" is a viable candidate to move into production.

*log on to Lego ideas, and votes for Tinny...*

Ja, there is actually a lot that goes into Wall-E. Sjoe, getting the kids to be patient as we sorted through the pieces was tough! :huh: I had to keep myself in check, especially when Casey threatened to get his granddad, - who's a rather well-known legal figure - to sue me if I didn't let him do more!     

Oh, I don't have a pic of the completed set handy, but I built this as well...

post-1604-0-62485300-1443430303_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-19870800-1443430315_thumb.jpg

...which led to a visit to my local tattoo guy. Loooooong story...you'll see shortly... :thumbup:

My office is very noisy on a Friday, but very little happens...

It's also the day that I pay a weekely visit to see the peeps at Lilliputs, where I came across this: a model of building that is also noisy, but very little happens...

post-1604-0-63592900-1443779816_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Too much I might have wanted, but nothing I really wanted in Lilliputs today, so I settled for these...

post-1604-0-21488500-1444990837_thumb.jpg 

Edited by Tumbleweed

Where is the cheapest place to buy Lego from?

From the last few months of buying, the local retailers are much of a muchness. You might find a couple of hundred rands difference in the bigger sets, but you're not going to get huge bargains. Occasionally, you come across sets that are very old stock, and marked way cheaper than elsewhere - picked up a Creator 3-in-1 eagle on Friday like that - but not too common. Alas...Not really one for online buying, but a mate who is says SA retailers seem to be on a par with overseas and online peeps.

From the last few months of buying, the local retailers are much of a muchness. You might find a couple of hundred rands difference in the bigger sets, but you're not going to get huge bargains. Occasionally, you come across sets that are very old stock, and marked way cheaper than elsewhere - picked up a Creator 3-in-1 eagle on Friday like that - but not too common. Alas... Not really one for online buying, but a mate who is says SA retailers seem to be on a par with overseas and online peeps.

Cool thanks.

My 30th birthday present:

attachicon.gifWall-e.jpg

Cool pics! 

Two of my mates got that as presents recently. Their wives are cursing me because their hubbies are getting into Lego after hearing me go on and on about it... :blush: