OFFICIAL MODDERFONTEIN MTB TRAIL ANNOUNCEMENT

RickyTomCCMA

Myself and Wife had an awesome ride there yesterday... So great to have a place so close that we can ride from home :clap: and also fantastic to see the amount of ppl already making us of the trails... This can only get better...

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys.... we now have a really cool place to ride right on our door step... but i must ask this.. and im going to shout!!!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU GET TO A NEW PLACE AND RIDE WITH NO HELMET! ??

if you took the time to read the rules, NO HELMET NO RIDE... so now you think you are clever and better than the rules and decide to do your own thing?? this is a sure fire way to get the park shut, if your Stupid as* comes off your bike and you are left even MORE brain damaged!!!! FFS!! what are you trying to do, "F" it up before it starts???

yes, you know who you are!!! you blady chop!

Can i PLEASE ask the organizers/grant.gate staff to stop anyone from riding with no helmet! all its going to do is poke it for the rest of us!

+1, hope somone on the hub can get a message out to him and tell him he is a RETARD and you can quote me on that . Dont spoil this place for everyone you dumbass! you not that special .

Edited by Iron

I did the green route with the wife and friend from work yesterday. Nothing fast or fancy, just to get a feel for the venue. Wifey's words were that its nothing special, kakiebos and eucalyptus and all, but its on our doorstep and its off-road. And that makes it absolutely AWESOME. There are surely some things to sort, oncoming riders being one, but it is fabulous to finally have something nearby. I have captured the green and blue routes in Google Earth. Will gladly forward the .kmz files. PM me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi All

We are so happy to be recieving such positive comments with regard to the trails.

We are however taking the negative/constructive comments very seriously.

Within a short time period, we wil have no oncoming traffic, we are in the process of cutting trails to eliminate this.

I agree with the sentiment that under no circumstances will rding without a helmet be tolerated. Why should everyone elses ride have to come to a stop to help the selfish oke whose landed on his bare head. Officials will be removing anybody riding without a helmet from the property.

With regards to parking at the security gate, it doesnt have to do with security but rather environmental and aesthetics, in that AEL do not want a hundred odd cars all over there lawn. However it might change in the future and we will keep you posted.

We are planning a kiddies track, that will be accessible at the security gate, where parents can park. Parents/minders will be able to see the kids on the track, and the kids will be able to see the parents.

Keep an eye out for our website, which shall be launched during the course of May, I will notify all via this thread.

As always we look forward to you guys enjoying the trails, please pm me suggestions and comments.

Regards

Ricky

I went to the park yesterday for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. I followed all the yellow markers (I missed the first one unfortunately) and had an awesome ride. Had 2 moments where I came around a corner and guys were barreling down on me, but was never a problem.

Well done Ricky and team, looking forward to some new Trails being cut with some more challenging sections!!

Hi All

We are so happy to be recieving such positive comments with regard to the trails.

We are however taking the negative/constructive comments very seriously.

Within a short time period, we wil have no oncoming traffic, we are in the process of cutting trails to eliminate this.

I agree with the sentiment that under no circumstances will rding without a helmet be tolerated. Why should everyone elses ride have to come to a stop to help the selfish oke whose landed on his bare head. Officials will be removing anybody riding without a helmet from the property.

With regards to parking at the security gate, it doesnt have to do with security but rather environmental and aesthetics, in that AEL do not want a hundred odd cars all over there lawn. However it might change in the future and we will keep you posted.

We are planning a kiddies track, that will be accessible at the security gate, where parents can park. Parents/minders will be able to see the kids on the track, and the kids will be able to see the parents.

Keep an eye out for our website, which shall be launched during the course of May, I will notify all via this thread.

As always we look forward to you guys enjoying the trails, please pm me suggestions and comments.

Regards

Ricky

Maybe I missed something but you mention your website, could you please post the link for us please.

Maybe I missed something but you mention your website, could you please post the link for us please.

Keep an eye out for our website, which shall be launched during the course of May,

Edited by Brightspark

Hi All

Just finished riding the newly cut section, which shall be ready to ride this weekend.

I kind of had that nursey rhyme going through my head while cruising through, you all know the one...."if you go down to the woods today, you in for a big surprise"

I must say our resident trail builder has gone above and beyond with this section.

Like I've said before, we shall keep adding tracks, until we have the most varied and fun single loop in the JHB region.

See you on the trails!!!

Hi All

Just finished riding the newly cut section, which shall be ready to ride this weekend.

I kind of had that nursey rhyme going through my head while cruising through, you all know the one...."if you go down to the woods today, you in for a big surprise"

I must say our resident trail builder has gone above and beyond with this section.

Like I've said before, we shall keep adding tracks, until we have the most varied and fun single loop in the JHB region.

See you on the trails!!!

Nice Ricky .

cant wait .

well done , and thanks for a wonderfull trail on our doorstep.

Hi All

We have launched our website which is a work in progress, so please be patient.

However the directions and maps are posted and a "contact us" for any queries.

We will be posting up the Survey photographs with tracks outlined in the weeks to come, as well as the upcoming events to be scheduled.

http://www.centralparktrails.wozaonline.co.za

Edited by RickyTomCCMA

Hi All

We have launched our website which is a work in progress, so please be patient.

However the directions and maps are posted and a "contact us" for any queries.

We will be posting up the Survey photographs with tracks outlined in the weeks to come, as well as the upcoming events to be scheduled.

http://www.centralpa...ozaonline.co.za

Good start Ricky. Check your spelling under the Yellow route description bud...

If you are through the gates you can ride up until 5:30, is that correct?

thats my understanding too, but im known to be wrong sometimes .