OFFICIAL MODDERFONTEIN MTB TRAIL ANNOUNCEMENT

RickyTomCCMA

:clap:

its alowed on bicycles

True... Surely if you don't have a speedo it's not a problem?

Besides, I guess a wildebeest strolling across the road would fancy it's chances against a bicycle :whistling:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True... Surely if you don't have a speedo it's not a problem?

Besides, I guess a wildebeest strolling across the road would fancy it's chances against a bicycle :whistling:

i always have the gopro ready so i to can become a youtube hero :whistling:

i always have the gopro ready so i to can become a youtube hero :whistling:

HAHAHAHA, good move!

is it really worth it for R40?

I got the multi-entry, with the 2 free day & 2 free night passes, it's 14 entries for R400, works out @ just under R30 a visit, didn't have an expiry date on the card either, not bad if you consider it's open late on a Wed night where you can get in a good 2.5-3hrs of riding.

The longest route is round 40km but there are ways to cut off sections if you know the place well enough or need to get back sooner.

• 2 months later...

Are the trails open on Friday afternoons? Don't feel like going through all the pages and the website is not that helpful.

Thanks!

Are the trails open on Friday afternoons? Don't feel like going through all the pages and the website is not that helpful.

Thanks!

Yip .

Mon to Sunday 6 to 6 ( or 7 to 6 , dammit cant rememebr ).bassically yes they open .

But on Wed they close at 9pm .

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of doing the 25km loop there on Sunday - is that yellow or red?

How technical is it, taking some fairly new riders along, comparable to blue route at Northern Farm?

Green is about 15km(Garmin) - no technical

Yellow is about 28km(garmin) "not technical" a donga or two etc.Yellow was my first MTB ride .

Red, I did the old route, think it was about 38km.Only the river section has some technical stuff, was my third MTB Ride and i Survived it.

I am taking a non technical rider on Yellow on Saturday for the First Time, he has only done the Green route a few times and emperors forrest once.

Wish they would run that river section back the other way round.....was more fun and flowing.

Yip, Enjoyed that river section the other way round. but I do enjoy the rest of the trails in the current direction.

We will be opening a new section end of May which will have some North Shore riding as well as a tight forrest section, which will both be for the experienced rider only.

Hoping to check out these trails soon, did the North Shore riding or tight forest section that was promised mentioned ever come to fruition?

Also, are there any trails that are for experienced riders only?

• 1 month later...

After riding the spruit on Sunday with the swampdogs I realized that modderfontein doesn't have any technical stuff.

AND THEN IT BEGAN

After riding the spruit on Sunday with the swampdogs I realized that modderfontein doesn't have any technical stuff.

So you saying the spruit HAS technical stuff?