LBS loyalty

Toxic

Will you buy a bike from local bike shop just because it is conveniently close to home, or will you support a bike shop that is 1:20 hours drive from your house (if they do give you good support and better price on a bike?)

The local bike shop does not what to make changes (upgrades) to a bike before taking it off the showroom..

But the shop that is so far away are prepared to make a few upgrades on the bike before taking it from the showroom?

We have a bike shop that is very convenient situated, but from service, customers relationship they dont nothing about. To top it up, everytime you walk in there it feels like they doing you a hudge favour by selling you something from their shop. Some time ago I serviced a bike there and the bike had to go back three times to sort the brakes and all sort of **** out that they had worked on. At the end of the day I should have just drove that extra 60 km and would have safed me a lot troubles.

I rather drove that exra few km and get good service from a shop that is willing to go that extra mile.

If they're willing to go the instance thm so am I.

Cool thanks. That convinced me... :)

The other situation is, that I do go out with the local bike shop on rides, So that would be awkward to pitch up with a bike I bought somewhere else..

I support a LBS that pulls finger for me....adds value to my shopping experience and goes the extra mile. I don't care that they charge more or isn't the closest to my house. If you have a good product and actually interested in building a relationship with your customer instead of going for a quick sale you will do well and your reputation will grow. Case and point my gran, she can get her monthly medicine for much cheaper at dischem, but she continues to support ABC pharmacy because Joe greets her by her name and asks about the grandchildren.

LBS is not necessarily "Local" anymore --> This I found out the hard way.

LBS stands for that guy that will always listen, no matter how busy he is; that will always fit you in, no matter how the crisis is all of your own making; that will NEVER shaft you, and you are so confident of that, that you'll never shop around and never ask a price and never doubt the payment size; that knows your name, and those of your family and what they are doing.

I could go on, but let me finish with this: I recently moved to Stellenbsoch, but Mark from Mark's Bicycle shop wil remain my LBS, even if I move to Timbaktu.

Just saying :thumbup:

Edited by Akon

Price matters and service too :thumbup: So I guess if you can find a balance between the two you have the perfect lbs. :thumbup:

I do however think that certain lbs' think that they can con customers out of money without them realizing it, but hey for some strange reason those customers do not return next time ;) I had such an experience last week and will never do bussiness with that lbs again. If the owner can look you in the eye and take your money for doing nothing, then you know its time to move on :thumbup:

LBS is not necessarily "Local" anymore --> This I found out the hard way.

LBS stands for that guy that will always listen, no matter how busy he is; that will always fit you in, no matter how the crisis is all of your own making; that will NEVER shaft you, and you are so confident of that, that you'll never shop around and never ask a price and never doubt the payment size; that knows your name, and those of your family and what they are doing.

I could go on, but let me finish with this: I recently moved to Stellenbsoch, but Mark from Mark's Bicycle shop wil remain my LBS, even if I move to Timbaktu.

Just saying :thumbup:

Yeah that is the thing... I've had a very good relationship with a guy in Pretoria, and will always support him. The problem now is I live 8500 km from Pretoria. :( So I need to build a new relationship with someone around here...

Edited by Toxic

The other situation is, that I do go out with the local bike shop on rides, So that would be awkward to pitch up with a bike I bought somewhere else..

Why don't you chat to the owner and tell him what your plans are if he is not prepared to go the extra mile for you concerning the upgrades that you want

Nah, they get used to it... :-)

Yeah that is the thing... I've had a very good relationship with a guy in Pretoria, and will always support him. The problem now is I live 8500 km from Pretoria. :( So I need to build a new relationship with someone around here...

If you are 8500 KM from Pretoria everyone in SA is your LBS, mate. :)

LBS is not necessarily "Local" anymore --> This I found out the hard way. LBS stands for that guy that will always listen, no matter how busy he is; that will always fit you in, no matter how the crisis is all of your own making; that will NEVER shaft you, and you are so confident of that, that you'll never shop around and never ask a price and never doubt the payment size; that knows your name, and those of your family and what they are doing. I could go on, but let me finish with this: I recently moved to Stellenbsoch, but Mark from Mark's Bicycle shop wil remain my LBS, even if I move to Timbaktu. Just saying :thumbup:
exactley how i feel and precisely how i would like to run my bike shop well said