Acceptable behaviour in races

Scott24

Hi all

What is considered correct and polite behaviour of cyclists after a crash? Should the person responsible for the crash stop to check that the mound of cyclists left is ok or is it acceptable to pedal off into the distance without even a glance behind them?

Angry crash victim!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he does that , I hope you are able to get on your bike - follow him and give him a goeie moer!! He should stay behind and clean up the crap he caused - thats how it should be,

If he does that ' date=' I hope you are able to get on your bike - follow him and give him a goeie moer!! He should stay behind and clean up the crap he caused - thats how it should be,[/quote']

hey jou panzie, jy moet actually eers opdaag vir races voordat jy kan comment!!

I assume you are talking about roadies here . They will only stop to admire your waxed legs !

I was referring to road, yes.  It is a great sight to see nice legs and bumbumsEmbarrassed

Road racing is not for woosies, if you want. Hello's; How u's; How your kids; Merry Christmas's; good bye's; Please be my girlfreind. Then stick to MTB racing

Was told at the Midvaal vets tour 2 years ago that when you have a problem (flat, fall whatever) is when they attack .......... damn roadies!!!!!

Road racing is not for woosies' date=' if you want. Hello's; How u's; How your kids; Merry Christmas's; good bye's; Please be my girlfreind. Then stick to MTB racing

[/quote']

I agree.  Only problem is, that I have had the "hellos, and the good byes, but no one has ever asked me to be their girlfriend Cry

I must be doing something wrong, or not doing something at all.....Confused

Any advice?Embarrassed

Scott24, any descent guy road or MTB that has caused an accident would stop check that everyone is OK then carry on racing. Obvioulsy please dont wait for madmarc to stop for you.

the decent thing would be to stop, but don't expect it - the girl who took me out in the 2006 'shova didn't even look back. i only know of her existence because the witnesses told me what had happened. they didn't bother to get her details because they were all running to help me and prevent anyone from riding over me. i spent 2 days in hospital in Durbs and then 2 separate days in hospital back in jhb (once to put plate into shoulder and once to take it out) and i have no clue who the dumb cow was that took my front wheel out from under me without even apologising Angry

Hey madmarc you sound like a really nice guy.........NOT!

I actually am a cool guy; ask my wife!!! she smaaks me stukent (or is it just my credit card she has a fetish for).

But please don't try exchange pleasentries with me or expect me to stop to apologise in a race when the peleton is doing 65+ & HR = 105% Dead and the thing you see flapping behind my rear wheel is my lung and the lube spraying off my chain is the snot running down my face which i just don't seem to be able to disconnect from my nose.Shocked

Find me at the finish line & i'll apologise, fix your bike and buy you a beer. And if you are a PHAT = (Pretty, Hot and Tantilizing) DAAG =  (HOT cHICKS WHO RIDE ROAD BIKES) I'll even try get your phone numberBig%20smile