Why cyclists get killed....

Stuart Queripel

I think the problem is a forum. Yes, we can all some on here and moan and groan about people doing stupid things, but that is not doing anything except making you feel better about it maybe and if it does make you feel better then I feel sorry for you. My point is this, rather do something about the problem then come moan and tell us how you fixed it.

Yes, Cpt. Slow did just that with his Sign Up -Up campaign. He did not kom-plane randomly on the interwebz, he started something which had a positive effect.A McClean, did not kom-plane about MTB hijackings , he started something with his own money, and invited others to participate by donating. Dangle & 'em did not kom-plane about it being unsafe to ride MTBs, they started the Cycling Safety group on FB!

No random moans, but action! No action here :(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THis is a awesome way to start off my monday! The OP took a v-clip of some random guy on a bicycle that was just not visible(which we all agree is preetty stupid) and now he gets knocked around for name calling and not stopping, getting out of his car in night time(and possible getting a beating by the random guy) as well as his speeding habits.. Come on guys. If you can honestly say you've never EVER gone 10% over the speed limit then let rip but in my opinion even the most law abiding citizen stuffs up now and then. Give the guy a break and rather support him in his effort to promote safe cycling. We all need it. Enjoy the mini week!

Come on guys. If you can honestly say you've never EVER gone 10% over the speed limit then let rip but in my opinion even the most law abiding citizen stuffs up now and then.

Oh, good. This floater again.

I think the problem is a forum. Yes, we can all some on here and moan and groan about people doing stupid things, but that is not doing anything except making you feel better about it maybe and if it does make you feel better then I feel sorry for you. My point is this, rather do something about the problem then come moan and tell us how you fixed it.

This is a cycling forum where people chat about cycling stuff and in the case of the hub also non-cycling stuff.

In my opinion the OP actually improves cycling awareness to poor cycling behaviour. If you think all he does is moan, then so what? You tell him to not post a cycling related post on a cycling forum? Let the guy say his say, just like you did. If not, why do you even bother posting your opinion?

TNT1, please get some manners or at least bit of an EQ when you comment on what others have to say.

I wanted to answer with a measured & rational response, but realised that your sphincter actually acts as a sound proofing & oxygen limiting device to your brain so I will not

Your welcome to answer any way you like mate, fact is your previous post to say least an insult to your own level of intellegence, This thread may head where it inevitably will, fact of the matter is that the dude in the vid is a tjop and anyone that thinks otherwise is of the same genepool and should be removed from society.

THis is a awesome way to start off my monday! The OP took a v-clip of some random guy on a bicycle that was just not visible(which we all agree is preetty stupid) and now he gets knocked around for name calling and not stopping, getting out of his car in night time(and possible getting a beating by the random guy) as well as his speeding habits.. Come on guys. If you can honestly say you've never EVER gone 10% over the speed limit then let rip but in my opinion even the most law abiding citizen stuffs up now and then. Give the guy a break and rather support him in his effort to promote safe cycling. We all need it. Enjoy the mini week!

Only if this goes for the OP and all the cyclist bashers (haters?) on the forum as well!. Maybe HE should cut the unknown cyclist some slack as well before slating him anonymously on the internet.

Your welcome to answer any way you like mate, fact is your previous post to say least an insult to your own level of intellegence, This thread may head where it inevitably will, fact of the matter is that the dude in the vid is a tjop and anyone that thinks otherwise is of the same genepool and should be removed from society.

Please read my initial posts (2nd or 3d, or there about) on this thread!

Only if this goes for the OP and all the cyclist bashers (haters?) on the forum as well!. Maybe HE should cut the unknown cyclist some slack as well before slating him anonymously on the internet.

+1

The sad fact is that the OP and the crusade to burn the unknown rider at the stake will most probably do more to turn people away from cycling & cyclists than to educate them w.r.t the dangers due to lack of visibility.

I do not have a problem with the fact that the cyclist is riding without lights, it is his life! I do not agree with it though! I cannot have 'problems' with everybody and everything I deem to be wrong everywhere in the world. I'll die of a heart attack!

My issue here has more to do with the hostile attitude exhibited above by cyclists (OP & others calling for brains to be splatter, calling of names, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam)

To everybody, keep this attitude in mind: "God give me the "grace" to accept things I cannot change give me the "courage" to change the things I can change and the "wisdom" to know the difference."

This whole thread is devoid of grace, courage & wisdom!

Sure, if he is an experienced rider it do's lack foresight riding without a light, but my argument is the post can be seen negatively as it has been done here, or positively in that it clearly illustrates the dangers of riding without a light.

I just thought it would be educational to see it in a positive light instead of an argumentative one, I dont understand the hostility towards the OP either.

I dont understand the hostility towards the OP either.

It's cause we don't have EQ's :wacko:

It's cause we don't have EQ's :wacko:

I am sure Dangle has an EQ....seeing as he likes high end audio stuffs :thumbup: