French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Guest Omega Man

There's a thread about the Epic Battle plan boys. Take a look. The dude doing the sell job says 70k per team. That's EX the entry fee. Entry fee is 50k per team or something next year.

So that's 60k ex bicycle.

For 60k you can spend the ENTIRE SEASON riding in the PDS. And you'll have a damn side better time I guarantee it.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The youngsters in our crew decided that this year was a year for records and had SIX each on the one night. The one dude who was not drunk in their unit slept on the balcony cos of the stench of vomit.

Were they drinking demis or pints?

Guest Omega Man

Were they drinking demis or pints?

Pints. It became really ugly really quickly.

We called demi's b!tch pints. Hahaha. My mate Nic would only drink Demi's but he had about 8 so the effect was the same.

Edited by Omega Man

I spoke the the YT guys in Morzine when I was over there a few weeks ago. The guy basically said that they would happily send a bike to SA but you would have to cover the shipping and VAT/Import duties which would add a fair chunk on to the cost of the bike.

Also the honoring of warranties becomes a problem.

Wonder how they feel about splitting the bike into two shipments, and post separate. Some shops will do that for you and it is proven to work as bringing in parts.

Warranty is the concern.. but heck, the spec list is enough temptation!!

My Mate Richard thought it would be funny to try to get me drunk on Mutzig the day we arrived. I poured most of it out and the karma police nailed Richard 3 days later.

He crashed on the dirt road leading in to Les Gets. cracked ribs. Torn Ligaments. Trip over.

That's of couse the same Richard thats combined rock climbing and freefalling! Sorry to hear, but not surprized. He's my one friend that breaks things more often than me, very valuable for my self esteem.

Guest Omega Man

That's of couse the same Richard thats combined rock climbing and freefalling! Sorry to hear, but not surprized. He's my one friend that breaks things more often than me, very valuable for my self esteem.

That's the one. Many people don't know that he is THE Richard Lord. He opened a route in waterfal boven called jabberwocky. rated a 33 at the time. It's hard to describe the level of difficulty. The route has only recently been repeated by a South African.

Guest Omega Man

Wonder how they feel about splitting the bike into two shipments, and post separate. Some shops will do that for you and it is proven to work as bringing in parts.

Warranty is the concern.. but heck, the spec list is enough temptation!!

Yeah. They seemed happy to accommodate any requests. Warranty is an issue that is true. Supply chain is also an issue. I spoke to 2 Germans who ordered their 11.11.11 special edition bikes and they got their rigs in June after paying for them in November. That kind of stuff does make me nervous.

That's the one. Many people don't know that he is THE Richard Lord. He opened a route in waterfal boven called jabberwocky. rated a 33 at the time. It's hard to describe the level of difficulty. The route has only recently been repeated by a South African.

Wow, Richard Lord ride DH bikes now. I only know of him through climbing folk lore. I climbed a lot for 10 years before I became a full red neck and got into bikes & dirt bikes :whistling:. Jabberwocky is a very classic route and brick hard, his other classic at Boven is Snapdragon which I heard he used to run laps on to get the necessary endurance for Jabberwocky. Snapdragon is also not a give away, but ultra classic. That said Jabberwocky has seen a good couple of local repeats recently and got a downgrade, that said it stood untouched for a long time and at the time of the FA it was probably the hardest route in the country. There was a relatively big lull in SA climbing standards for a while, but recently things are on the up n up.

Small country we live in...

7 days 13 hrs and 42 min :clap: :clap: :clap:

cant wait.

my baby feels awesome with the slight tweaks, upgrades and is all clean and ready, just needs to get packed now.

post-4310-0-36999300-1343773740.jpg

cant wait.

my baby feels awesome with the slight tweaks, upgrades and is all clean and ready, just needs to get packed now.

Nice looking ride

cant wait.

Nice looking ride Peach! The bike is ok too, I guess!

I can almost feel it, it'ds sooo close! Spent an hour taking CM lights and miles of sellotape off my front wheel lastnight.

This weekend I'll go cardboard box shopping and start the pack away!

cant wait.

Damn, dude, how short ARE you!? Looks like it was built for a pixie!

ROFL. Just kidding mate (mostly) It's a sick looking ride!

The Gambler ready to roll in the Alps :thumbup:

She is unfortunately a heavy weight, weighing in at 21.2kg's

post-3245-0-35512900-1343894307.jpg

post-3245-0-49932900-1343894326.jpg

I'm going to have to pack ultra light

Looking good!

What's the Missus' bike weighing in at? Maybe steal some of her luggage allowance!

I think Peach is weing in at 20-ish. Last time I weighed mine it was 17kg, but I'm putting heavier tyres on so need to check again. Seems like I'm the designated tool-mule on our flight!

Guest Omega Man

I'm so amped for you guys. You are going to be amazed at just how good it is over there. I've already started making plans with the wife for next year.

The Makulu only 17kg's... Nice.

I have no idea what the lady's Devinci weighs in at. From loading it on & off bakkies I'm guessing similar to mine.

Our group is fortunate that we can split tools 4 ways, so we should be okay on that front.

The R600 per kg of extra luggage scares me. I guess my one T-shirt & set of jeans my have a slight odour by the end of the trip