French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Guest Omega Man

I wanna go baaaaaak. Super sic pics dude. sorry you ended yourself but the pics are awesome. And they don't even begin to show just how sick the place is.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple pics from our outting. I never took too many pics but these are some of what I have.

1. Dave & Kath heading up the Super-Morzine lift.

post-3245-0-87479600-1346404211.jpg

2. My trusty steed & the only way to get a bike up a hill. Shuttling sucks :(

post-3245-0-65178200-1346404261.jpg

3. A slight push uphill. We did a DH tour one day, heading to Morgins in Switzerland. This in on the way back (following the slowest lift ride in the world!) on the ridge above Champoussin.

post-3245-0-94712900-1346404322.jpg

4. Dave and Kath pushing over a slight rise to gain the trail back down to Lindarets

post-3245-0-12129000-1346404423.jpg

5. The trail down into Lindarets. The route to the lift was bumpy as all hell, so we opted to take the fire road down (at high speed :D ). Were also running out of time so had to hurry to get the lift up to Avoriaz

post-3245-0-84483500-1346404560.jpg

6. Dave hitting the mini road gap on Zore, heading back into town

post-3245-0-04427300-1346404682.jpg

7. Collar bone canyon. The jump that claimed ol' Patches. Also, a quick thanks to Patches for the loan of his 300lbs spring, bike lock & front brake :thumbup:

post-3245-0-81069700-1346404919.jpg

8. My destroyed rear axle :(. She rattled out at Les Gets and the wheel twisted in one of the final berms leading to the lifts. Had to hacksaw the bugger out! Fortunately the guy at Intersport had an old 150mm x 12mm Maxle (with no QR portion) which he let me have for free. It did the job for the last 2 days of riding.

post-3245-0-35507400-1346404991.jpg

9. Kath heading through one of the smaller berms on Serpentine at Chatel. Seriously some of the berms were like a full wall. The braking bumps here weren't too bad as the rain the previous day had softened everything up.

post-3245-0-10638100-1346405227.jpg

10. Me sticking it to old Peach :devil: . This is the jump that claimed his arm. Admittedly there was no bridge when he did it and I had done the jump twice before the pic was taken.

post-3245-0-54681100-1346405420.jpg

Good times.

7. Collar bone canyon. The jump that claimed ol' Patches. Also, a quick thanks to Patches for the loan of his 300lbs spring, bike lock & front brake :thumbup:

post-10758-0-68183000-1346405994.jpg

Blue - How normal people jump it

Red - How real men idiots like me jumped it :lol: :blush:

As for the spring etc... anytime!

8. My destroyed rear axle :(. She rattled out at Les Gets and the wheel twisted in one of the final berms leading to the lifts. Had to hacksaw the bugger out! Fortunately the guy at Intersport had an old 150mm x 12mm Maxle (with no QR portion) which he let me have for free. It did the job for the last 2 days of riding.

Yup! proof that the braking bumps are reall that bad! I mean, to shake an axle loose... yikes!

9. Kath heading through one of the smaller berms on Serpentine at Chatel. Seriously some of the berms were like a full wall. The braking bumps here weren't too bad as the rain the previous day had softened everything up.

Yeah, those berms are massive. Glad the rain made them a bit more pleasant.

10. Me sticking it to old Peach :devil: . This is the jump that claimed his arm. Admittedly there was no bridge when he did it and I had done the jump twice before the pic was taken.

Poor Peach :(

Good times.

Good pics... and good times for sure!

Damn Patches, that trajectory is HuckTastic!

that's how I roll...

hahaha! just kidding! I was fairly smooth up until that one. Maybe if I hucked more I could have skill set to prevent myself from bouncing off the bike, hahaha!

Damn mountains are deceivingly steep. You think "just a crank or 2 and boost it" and before you know it you're doing over 40kph and you're sailing over the landing. Therein lies the problem, haha!

Haha! Yeah dude. I'm still learning, so will be a while before gaps are taken and drops are run. I know the theory back to front. It's convincing those damn hands that grabbing brakes are not a good thing!

Guest Omega Man

Good pics... and good times for sure!

Where is this jump?

Where is this jump?

tis new!

Pleney. They built 2 new tables in the 1st/2nd day that Peach and I were there. They were for the whip contest. It's near where one of the black runs comes out of the forest (with that little wooden plank drop off) and the green one goes into the trees.

It's not an any specific run. kinda just in the middle of nowhere. No proper run up either... hence my handicap at judging the appropriate speed.

Here's another view

post-10758-0-55088400-1346409582.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Ah. ok. Maybe the lazy ass frogs will incorporate it into a track for next year.

Ah. ok. Maybe the lazy ass frogs will incorporate it into a track for next year.

hahaha! I second that!

Now and again there would be a small work crew hacking at some breaking bumps. They'd fix 2-3 and go on lunch break.

2-3 out of thousands doesn't make much difference <_<

Guest Omega Man

hahaha! I second that!

Now and again there would be a small work crew hacking at some breaking bumps. They'd fix 2-3 and go on lunch break.

hahaha. did you also notice how all the supermarkets closed just as you were getting hungry or thirsty?

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Good times.

ok so fess up. did you hit the mutzig and did it kick you in the kidneys?

hahaha! I second that!

**** you get to ride the best trails in the world and still whinge! ... :P hahaha .... im sure those okes over there do a MUCH better job than the natives i have to use here!