Cycle Lab

Wasbeer

Is it just me or is Cycle Labs service shocking?

Was in the one that just open up in Cape Town and walked around there for about 10min and no one asking to help! I went to the Shop at the Tyger Manor in Belville yesterday with the same problem!

Anyone else also having this problem with them??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in the one that just open up in Cape Town and walked around there for about 10min and no one asking to help! I went to the Shop at the Tyger Manor in Belville yesterday with the same problem!

yeah, they are often "too busy" - I have walked out of it a few times, but also received great service from Howard and his team. I think they were not used to having clients in the shop, since the old Northgate island location was terribly quiet and they literally had three staff help you the mnute you walked into the shop...

Yip... same problem in 4ways. Stuck around for 15 minutes before someone helped out. I had a gift voucher, so I had to spend it there. If I was there spending my own cash, I would have walked out and gone to another LBS that I know is good for service and advice.

I feel that if there is a problem I approach the manager. Have a chat to Steve in Cpt sure he will sort it out. We should be bringing these issues to the shop owners attention. Bringing it up here is all good and well but it does not solve the problem if there is one.

I would have thought that now that Willie Engelbrecht is at Tygervalley things would be a bit more "jacked-up", or not. :blink:

Edited by Reg Lizard

You should have walked two blocks down and gone to Action cycles instead

just pickup one of the bikes and bounce the suspension, then see how quickly someone assists you .hahahaha :thumbup:

Ja. Touch stuff and they will come running... works a treat at most shops!*

*Except Game, Makro and P&P Hyper.

Remember guys it's also just a job, maybe they've had enough " no thanks, just browsing."

It is their job to entertain all clientele ... including the just browsing crowd

I had a similar experience. Firstly i came with my bike and waited around for 10mins before someone actually acknoledged me, i was then told i had to come back on Monday morning (it was near closing time on Sat) to drop my bike off for the service instead of leaving it there for the sunday?

I also asked to see a couple of bikes. I had a meduim size but was looking for a small as i felt it was to big for me. But low and behold they showed me more meduim bikes and after saying ive tried my friends Momsen in a small and it felt great he preceded to tell me i am wrong and because im a similar height to him a meduim is what i should get. After about another 10 minutes of back and forth to try a small size bike i left and bought it on the web.

Lost a cleat bolt at the Honda on Saturday and they sorted me out free of charge. Many shops would have made me buy a new set of cleats

From what i'm aware Cyclelab is a franchise. I've had dealings with Fourways and East Rand, majority good with a few not so.

The Cape Town branch supposedly ordered a rim for me, I waited 4 weeks for them to let me know what was going on, and was then told that they needed to send the wheel away to have it fixed??? Asked them what they ordered 4 weeks ago, turns out they didn't order anything. Won't spend my money with them, no regard for the customer at all