My YETI SB-66

TheV

Not a great photo, but here's a black one with turquoise grips (needs some white though)

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/yeti/690415d1334898232-yeti-sb-66-build-thread-dscn2767.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see quite a few peeps put coil shocks on their SB-66s... hmmm...

Yeah, if you do a google images search you find so many coils... but if you check the official Yeti site it says - not recommended...

Rather go with a Monarch Plus if you do want to upgrade one day. Out of interest, how tall are you and what size did you get?

Yeah, if you do a google images search you find so many coils... but if you check the official Yeti site it says - not recommended...

haha yeah, it is a bit of an overkill...

A friend of mine bought the shock and fork of a SB-66 build kit that MSC had. It seems the factory build kit was an RP23 Kashima and a Fox 32 Flot 150mm (Kashima), tapered, 15mm TA. But like you... if I was building a 66, i'd go for the Talas 36 160mm

The pic that almost made me change my mind:

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/yeti/659371d1323749519-yeti-sb-66-build-thread-imag0156.jpg

The video that almost made me change my mind:

So final build specs:

Fox Factory 36 RLC/FIT 160mm

Full XX Groupset (except XTR cassette)

Blackbox Ceramic BB and Chris King Headset

Easton Haven: Carbon Bars, Stem and Wheels (20mm/142mm)

Reverb-II Post, Gobi Saddle.

*** Took a very long time to build, each bolt is titanium, each bolt and cable torqued, cut and set 100% perfect after every single adjustment and change.

Only changes outstanding... still not 100% happy with front brake hose, need to take extra 1.5cm off.... also, not sure what to do about the pedals.....it's the only item that was 2nd hand because I just didn't know what to get....

post-25478-0-79014600-1337438563.jpg

Spruit of course, where else...?

Chased some 29er plastic Cannondale's up a hill, they couldn't drop me.

Now its a coin toss for tomorrows technical test.... Thaba or Rietvlei???? mmmmhhhh

Rietvlei is quicker to get to the really technical bits.... Thaba has a couple more fun technical sections, but you have to pedal so much uphill to get there...

That's a HOT bike man, Seriously ! Love the new Yeti frames :D

Thanks - was surprised how easy it pedals.... usually takes some time to get used to a new bike... but looks like I will get used to her very quickly...

Took some time to get settled on my TOMAC Snyper, except for small saddle adjustments this was spot on first ride, very comfortable...

Spruit of course, where else...?

Chased some 29er plastic Cannondale's up a hill, they couldn't drop me.

Now its a coin toss for tomorrows technical test.... Thaba or Rietvlei???? mmmmhhhh

Rietvlei is quicker to get to the really technical bits.... Thaba has a couple more fun technical sections, but you have to pedal so much uphill to get there...

Nice bike V! How bout Kings Kloof?