Whatever you do dont fly mango

Baster Brak

Most of my Mango flights I've ever been on while on business have usually been delayed or very VERY late... wouldn't and would never trust them with my bike. Even 1time is better... But to be on their side a bit... surely an over weight plane is dangerous and they must have stringent rules regulating that... imaging them putting on the bikes... then you and your bike never arrive. Then again Mango should have handled this all a lot better... rotten mango!

Edited by MariusL

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates? I got an apology on Facebook. NO real reason other then, we are sorry for the inconvenience and your bikes and bags will be with you shortly.

So it is now 19:30, still no bikes, no feedback, no guarentees that the bikes will be here, nobody is prepared to give any answers, or accept any responsibility, best of all they will probably offer a R350 voucher to say sorry, stuff that, they can send there MD with the voucher and I will gladly show him and assist him to shove it where the sun does not shine, MANGO must be one of the worst and most irresponsible companies I have come across, I miss a flight and they nail me to get onto the next plane, they f&ck up and we must just accept there little voucher or apology, F&CK them, if you want to charge extra for me to take my bike on the flight, well then I believe it is reasonable for me to expect that my bike is on the flight, thanks MANGO you have just ruined what should have been a fun and exciting day and turned it into a nightmare with no end is sight. Your un professionalism is only rivaled by your incompetance and lack of customer care or feedback. I think in future I would rather walk than make use of your utterly useless company

So it is now 19:30, still no bikes, no feedback, no guarentees that the bikes will be here, nobody is prepared to give any answers, or accept any responsibility, best of all they will probably offer a R350 voucher to say sorry, stuff that, they can send there MD with the voucher and I will gladly show him and assist him to shove it where the sun does not shine, MANGO must be one of the worst and most irresponsible companies I have come across, I miss a flight and they nail me to get onto the next plane, they **** up and we must just accept there little voucher or apology, **** them, if you want to charge extra for me to take my bike on the flight, well then I believe it is reasonable for me to expect that my bike is on the flight, thanks MANGO you have just ruined what should have been a fun and exciting day and turned it into a nightmare with no end is sight. Your un professionalism is only rivaled by your incompetance and lack of customer care or feedback. I think in future I would rather walk than make use of your utterly useless company

Surely they are in breach of the Consumer Protection Act? A contract was effectively made when you handed over your $$$.

While airlines seem to be impervious to individual complaints they are conscious of bad publicity. Suggest you get on to one of the consumer advocate journalists as Wendy Knowler.

Good luck.

When is the race starting?

trail started today

adventure tomorrow

and i think race friday or next weekend

i think the op doing the adventure

So it is now 19:30, still no bikes, no feedback, no guarentees that the bikes will be here, nobody is prepared to give any answers, or accept any responsibility, best of all they will probably offer a R350 voucher to say sorry, stuff that, they can send there MD with the voucher and I will gladly show him and assist him to shove it where the sun does not shine, MANGO must be one of the worst and most irresponsible companies I have come across, I miss a flight and they nail me to get onto the next plane, they f&ck up and we must just accept there little voucher or apology, F&CK them, if you want to charge extra for me to take my bike on the flight, well then I believe it is reasonable for me to expect that my bike is on the flight, thanks MANGO you have just ruined what should have been a fun and exciting day and turned it into a nightmare with no end is sight. Your un professionalism is only rivaled by your incompetance and lack of customer care or feedback. I think in future I would rather walk than make use of your utterly useless company

BUYP

Publicity is your only weapon

I hope you got sorted and had a peacefull nights sleep....

Sherbert, I hope they got their bikes and managed to ride today. Not good at all.

Sorry to hear about your misfornune,are you the only person whose bike were not loaded,or are there other cylist aswell that awaits there bikes? From which airport did you fly? Jnb or Lanseria ?

I have several mates who were all in the same situation. Bikes and bags arrived @ around 11:30 last night.

So after a long and stressful day, they were assembling bikes way past midnight.

Not an ideal way to start a stage race

I hope they all managed to get some sleep and have a good day's riding.

Surely they are in breach of the Consumer Protection Act? A contract was effectively made when you handed over your $$$.

While airlines seem to be impervious to individual complaints they are conscious of bad publicity. Suggest you get on to one of the consumer advocate journalists as Wendy Knowler.

Good luck.

From Mango's Ts&Cs:

Lost or Delayed Baggage

8.22.1 Lost or delayed Baggage must be reported immediately on arrival. Guests will be compensated for lost Baggage to a maximum of R140.00 per kilogram of Checked Baggage up to a maximum of R2500.00 per claim.

8.22.2 MANGO will use IATA recommended practice 1751 to determine compensation for lost items of clothing.

8.22.3 No compensation will be paid for delayed Baggage, including any consequential or indirect losses resulting there from.

8.22.4 Any claim for missing items or damaged Baggage must be submitted to us within 24 hours of the arrival of your flight.

8.22.5 In cases where Baggage has been delayed, any damage or losses have to be reported within 24 hours of receipt of the Baggage by the owner.

From Mango's Ts&Cs:

Lost or Delayed Baggage

8.22.1 Lost or delayed Baggage must be reported immediately on arrival. Guests will be compensated for lost Baggage to a maximum of R140.00 per kilogram of Checked Baggage up to a maximum of R2500.00 per claim.

8.22.2 MANGO will use IATA recommended practice 1751 to determine compensation for lost items of clothing.

8.22.3 No compensation will be paid for delayed Baggage, including any consequential or indirect losses resulting there from.

8.22.4 Any claim for missing items or damaged Baggage must be submitted to us within 24 hours of the arrival of your flight.

8.22.5 In cases where Baggage has been delayed, any damage or losses have to be reported within 24 hours of receipt of the Baggage by the owner.

you could probably fight that tho with the new CPA. they offer a service and didnt deliver on it. simple as that.

but im no lawyer

you could probably fight that tho with the new CPA. they offer a service and didnt deliver on it. simple as that.

but im no lawyer

It may be worth a try, but the airlines - as well as the cellphone companies - have been getting a sort of reprieve to adjust their practices. The Consumer Commission is such as mess at the moment with the commissioner embroiled in a handbags at ten paces with the DTI bosses.

It may be worth a try, but the airlines - as well as the cellphone companies - have been getting a sort of reprieve to adjust their practices. The Consumer Commission is such as mess at the moment with the commissioner embroiled in a handbags at ten paces with the DTI bosses.

So basically the Airlines & Mobile Companies can just do what they like and have no recourse, well I'm sorry but thats a load of bollocks. Surely they need to start taking some responsibilty for their cock-ups. How is that they can just get away with this type of service wiothout anything happening, its the same for stolen luggage. :cursing: :cursing:

I have several mates who were all in the same situation. Bikes and bags arrived @ around 11:30 last night.

So after a long and stressful day, they were assembling bikes way past midnight.

Not an ideal way to start a stage race

I hope they all managed to get some sleep and have a good day's riding.

Howzit Pat. Is this Neil, Matt and co???