All welcome on 9th Aug - MTB & breakfast

MichH

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Just a big thank you to everyone for the ride yesterday, especially MichH and Hubby and rest of her family for organising and cooking etc. Made a nice change to the normal training ride.

But now the big revelations:

1) Dirt Rider was the only one who rode AROUND the mud, not through it. smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif He will have to change his name.

2) When ewep says bring beer he means GINGER BEER smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif

smileys/smiley36.gif I think I will wait for SP to add her 2c before I think out a very good excuse on why I was not full of mud !

But yes a beeeg thanks to the MichH family , it was awesome .

Thanks MichH, B & Mom!!!  It was GREAT!!!

And as for IanJ, I had my beer (Millers) but was scared of the sister, so rather started drinking ginger beer!

Thanks MichH' date=' B & Mom!!!  It was GREAT!!!

And as for IanJ, I had my beer (Millers) but was scared of the sister, so rather started drinking ginger beer!
[/quote']

Ja ewep we won't get back into the debate about whether Millers qualifies as a beer or not smileys/smiley2.gif.

ok, here's my 2c on d-r..... maybe he's so dirty that you can't see the extra dirt from the mud? smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

still gonna ask admin to change your name to clean-rider! smileys/smiley2.gif

ok' date=' here's my 2c on d-r..... maybe he's so dirty that you can't see the extra dirt from the mud? Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window

still gonna ask admin to change your name to clean-rider! Click on image to open in new window

[/quote']

Rather change it to "eks-bang-vir-modder"

There is something to be said for the art of riding through mub without looking like you just went through mud !! I did not go through the mud but over the mud . It is something that comes in very handy when you do a race like this years Babertonsmileys/smiley36.gif . Anyway if there is mud on my beatifull , state of the art , Raleigh frame I will not be able to see any cracks that may appear smileys/smiley5.gif .

So how is that for explanation ?

the one (and only) advantage i can see to his approach (pun intended) to those puddles is that i think he was the only rider at the breakfast stop who didn't smell of "eau de moo" smileys/smiley36.gif

DR - I would put it this way (I did not have much mud myself to be honest!), it depends on your priorities.

For those whose concentration is on speed and the need to find the most 'efficient' route (minimizing any possible harm to one's drivetrain, state of your legs etc.) it is best to take the 'high' road so to speak. This is the mantra of a true Dirt-racer.

On the other hand for those for whom it is more important that it looks like you went fast and spent hours out on your bike (i.e. you need to show off that you actually used the bike for what it was intended) your priorities may well be different! Despite the fact that you may just have potted about in the mud for an hour or 2!

But more important is the fact that hey they will all have gone away from the day having had a great time despite the differences in thinking!

smileys/smiley36.gif SP next time I will do it the proper way and get really dirty ! How about Saterday at Logwood ?

d-r, saturday is that roadie race! it'll be a bit tough to be in 2 places at one time smileys/smiley5.gif

Sorry I just find it hard to believe people would actaully go and do a roadie race and skip LOGWOOD !! But try and enjoy it anyway , I know it must be hard to pretend all the time that u like doing these road races .

d-r, at least my tcr doesn't bite me when i put it down the way the scwinn did yesterday! smileys/smiley36.gif that should explain why i like spending quality time with it.