[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2012

Robertson Winery MTB

Hi Slappies. It should be below the event information. There should be 3 profiles and a Google Earth map of the 42km. Let me know if i should email it to you.

Hi, could you email the google map link to the actual route that has been mapped? I want to see if I can upload it onto my garmin.

My email address is kcarchdesigns (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I might just do this as I have never done it!

Who has done it? whats it like? I normally enjoy the long stuff but have not raced since Lourensford last year and done very little riding as Ive got married. Are there some long climbs? I still cant find a Profile on the PPA site.. If anyone has one from previous years please post.

Hills? anything mean I should know about? Is there a lot of clay? Thorns? Sheesh I feel like a nuub asking these questions ;) I'd expect to finish it in about 2:40 ish?

I wanted to do this race but I'd be spending more time in the car getting there than I would on the bike doing the race.

Very poor communication from the organizers as well as race tec. My first time I will be doing the race and thus far the experience is not very good. Send an email as well as sms's to annelize with no replies. Had to wait 3 days to get a response from race tec. I finally sorted myself out but struggling to get my transponder registered.

Who has done it? whats it like? I normally enjoy the long stuff but have not raced since Lourensford last year and done very little riding as Ive got married. Are there some long climbs? I still cant find a Profile on the PPA site.. If anyone has one from previous years please post.

Hills? anything mean I should know about? Is there a lot of clay? Thorns? Sheesh I feel like a nuub asking these questions ;) I'd expect to finish it in about 2:40 ish?

Expect mud - lots of it!!

I actually enjoy this race. There's quite a bit of single track and technical bits although, IIRC everything is ridable. Mostly the terrain is jeep track with some ruts. There is a bit of a climb towards the end.

The 42km is a slow race as there aren't many downhills to make up time. Check the results of last year's race to get an idea of finish times.

Shot Mushashi! I hope its not to dreanched. Its rained a lot the last 36 hours.. and im sure there will be some snow on the mountains. its going to be a muddy affair

Hi guys. We've had some rain yesterday and today but hopefully it will clear up tonight. It is very cold so bring something warm along. We have cool lucky draw hampers to give away after the race which include a GoPro Hero HD 2 so don't rush off after the event. Each finisher also get's a complimentary bottle of wine or grape juice. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Are you oaks still keen for tomorrow? Hear there are a couple of people not going because of the mud and they are scared of hurting their gears. Is this something to keep in mind?

I had quite a nice ride, went full out, heart rate at 93% for the first 40mins, slowed it down a little after that.

Then I broke my FD, so no shifting, small chainring it would be, and a slow ride on the downhill half :thumbdown:

First 20km's were amazing though, steep ups and downs, lovely singletrack!

Nice track hey zac.A. I broke my RD in the first 5km's. Was stuck in the lower 5 gears on the back and all 3 in front. What was your time? First 16km's was rough for me, made up good time on the last 24km's. Did it in 2 hour 30 minutes pretty average but I'm pleased! Was my first mtb race :D.

One thing that was bad is the shorter races merging with the 42km, don't like sitting behind someone not getting away.