Top 5 MTB saddles?

tunariaan

I know it mostly personal choice, but if you have pic a few outstanding ones-what will it be?

I have quite a skinny arse with not so much meat around there so i tend to take more of a beating ,

Any opinion on what to use, what does the pro's use on the big mutli day stages and would you choose something different say ig you had to do more XC racing?

looks quite nice, from what website did you get the info and do you ride with one

I have had a couple of Gobi's, I recently got this muzzle version for my SB-66, it has a plastic guard to protect the saddle from talent failure and general abuse..it also makes it more comfortable should you wish to carry the bike over an obstacle etc,..

You get a couple of Gobi versions... they are really comfortable... you can move around on them, especially on long rides, climbs, downhills you want to adjust your position every now and then, the Gobi's have been around for a while, and make it to the top in saddle reviews almost every time...

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/saddles/product/review-fizik-gobi-xm-kium-11-45645

Gobi is perfect for off road. all styles to suit your riding abilities, like that XM! haha ;-)

I use a hard Selle Italia saddle though, def not recommended if you have a soft bum!

I have a Gobi XM that came standard with my Giant bike. Took a while to get used to it, but am loving it now.

What confuses me is the number of differently labelled Gobi's I see advertised (XM MTB, XM Muzzel, XM K:lum, Braided, etc.). Obviousy there are differences between those with lighter and heavier rails, but other than that, what are the differences? I simply do not understand the blurbs on the Fizik website.

And are there differences between the ones that come standard on a bike, and those sold seperately?

Edited by Blackadder

I have a 12 year old selle italia ldy which is serving me incredibly well. has done many km of road riding and I just transferred it to my mtb. best saddle I've ever owned

Fi'zi:k GOBI XM Muzzle

I never would have thought that one could make an OK looking saddle an ugly one, but now I have seen proof.

Hi. The first thing I did was have the distance between my sit bones measured. Then, I bought two specialized saddles, the Henge for the mtb and the Romin for the road bike. I went for these specifically as they seem to be designed to be comfortable. Have to admit having ridden both many times that they are awesome saddles and very comfortable for me.

Henge: http://www.specialized.com/za/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=64262

Romin: http://www.specialized.com/za/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=64279

Gobi for me, bought a decent second hand one last year Nov.

No issues. Long rides and short rides are OK.

Selle italia SLR !

have them on all my bikes road , Mtb , SS and been on them for a couple of years .