2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Momentum 94.7@momentum947

CCMTB Mountain Bike Seeding goes out on Wednesday. Only Cycle Challenge seeding is out today.

Got my start time 6.59 but moving to the charity slots at 8.18 i got me a charity ride for Flying for Life and also a beast of a bike from Qhubeka. A yellow buffalo coming in at 20 odd kg's and some serious SS gears. The only part i fear is that saddle ha ha looks cutting edge. Can't wait :-)

Is that average/expected times for the groups? Wonder how they work that one out. last year there was only 16 people from the "M" group who went under 3:16

Believe it's the batch winning times.

Got mine now batch C @ 6-43

Looking at those estimated batch times there is no way I am a 2-40 rider I am hoping at best to just break a sub 3.

Should I stay in C or would it benefit me to drop back a few batches based on my personal target time?

Its not gonna help me to ride 2-40 pace for 50kms and then 5 hour pace for the last 40 because I am stuffed

Edited by crasher

My partner has an RR start at 09h50. Likely one of the last groups.

1st Water Table cutoff shows at 10h35 at 18.4km. That is 45 min after the start requiring an average of 24.5kmh.

This is absurd for the slow guys!

how come the open A bunch winner gets R3850.00 and the Vets VA VB VC etc get R2750.00

Aren't the licenced groups better.

and make sure you have a good chain, you dont want to break that. oops.gif

New chain was fitted during the Shova race, new cassette arrived on Friday.

Hopefully this weekend I'll sort the Merida machine out.

Is there any point in trying to change seeding? I am really convinced that I can go sub 3 (and maybe a little better). Unfortunately only two of my races show on Pedal Power calculater. I am now in "L" - from previous posts it appears difficult for an average guy to do 3 from here. Can one try to amend this or is it tickets till next time?

Nonsense. The first odd 50 guys in each group up to about Q,R,S take no prisoners. Stick with them and you'll be fine.

I rode a 3h09 in Q a few years back and the main group dropped me on the M1 in to Jhb.wacko.png

Reseeding seems a bit too expensive for my taste.

I also want to know. I am starting 40 minutes later than last year and I have improved my time with an hour last year...

I am also starting 10 minutes later and my time was more than a hour quicker than the previous year, I did move up a couple of groups..

Mmmmmmm that time on a ROAD bike?

You know I dont' have a road bike !!!! I am doing it on the SS but I would have thought a previous sub 3 would at least get me into the Z group !

Ok so it seems I got the batch wrong.seems my starting time is 5:35. WTF? I am taking bungy cord with!

It is only cause they want you to finish your 2nd lap before sunset...