2012 94.7

Agteros

4 Weeks to go!

Seeding should be out!

I'm cautiously apprehensive about mine.... Hoping for something decent but not sure what to expect. Would love a C or such, hopefully it will be better than F. Times on events after winter was not very good, and events at the start of the year were generally not "official" seeding events

The blurb on the website:

Seeding and Start Times

We have been receiving a few queries regarding your seeding and start times. To clarify - any number you may have received after completing your online entry is merely your entry/payment reference number.

Our seeding run is currently in process - race numbers and start times will be emailed to all entrants during the last week of October - also look out for an SMS!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you got a C then roughly what time would you start?

In 2011 C started at 7:17. In 2010 E started at 6:56

Batch sizes change in 2011, so it all depends... but 7-ish(+/- 15 minutes)?

Edited by robox

How hard is it to do a sub 3 hour time for this race ? my recent results are 2h27min for west coast express (85km-WINDY) 5HOURS for the One tonner 160km. My only concern is my start time .

its not that easy, i am hoping to do a sub 3 hour especially as the route is slightly shorter, i did a 3h40 at the Bestmed Jacaranda 114km on Sat and i believe i was about 5 minutes of the pace for a sub 3 at the 94.7! the vibe might help me but those 5 - 8 minutes are going to be tough to shave off :)

According to Andrew Mclean he recons that a sub3 hopeful should be doing a 110km in 3:30 by now if they want to do a sub 3, that was from an article i read in the mag we got with the BestMed start packs dated October 2012

i am looking for an updated split time calculator for this years shorter route, the one on the site still shows 97.4km , anyone know the exact distance on the shorter route? i heard something like 94km ??

its not that easy, i am hoping to do a sub 3 hour especially as the route is slightly shorter, i did a 3h40 at the Bestmed Jacaranda 114km on Sat and i believe i was about 5 minutes of the pace for a sub 3 at the 94.7! the vibe might help me but those 5 - 8 minutes are going to be tough to shave off smile.png

According to Andrew Mclean he recons that a sub3 hopeful should be doing a 110km in 3:30 by now if they want to do a sub 3, that was from an article i read in the mag we got with the BestMed start packs dated October 2012

i am looking for an updated split time calculator for this years shorter route, the one on the site still shows 97.4km , anyone know the exact distance on the shorter route? i heard something like 94km ??

Satellite short(er)/Medium route was a recorded 91.5km

Was this at the BestMed ?

I'm referring to the Bestmed Satellite Classic medium distance route as what happened on past Saturday, 20th. 91.5km is what my Garmin/PT combo recorded in AM bunch

@robox

You better get a "B" seeding so u can push & pace me !!!

The best I've ever done the for CC is a C seeding. B will be seriously out my league without a little bit of help from my friends ;)

I'm referring to the Bestmed Satellite Classic medium distance route as what happened on past Saturday, 20th. 91.5km is what my Garmin/PT combo recorded in AM bunch

Ah I see, any idea on length of the new cycle challenge route??

Ah I see, any idea on length of the new cycle challenge route??

Heard a number of 94 odd km? I know it is shorter than last year - route change around town. Haven't plotted it on Mapsource yet

Sorry but this 'friend' can't help either of you ....

wrong fred.

nsBB, if you apply yourself to a decent seeding you can embarrass both Saul and me on the road bike!

Edited by robox

So what time at the Sattelite "medium" would translate into sub 3? I did 2:54 (with the compulsory mechanical of 2min). Still have Babbas, wine 2 whales and 94.7MTB before then, so I could improve a bit... Please say I should be OK.....