2012 94.7

Agteros

OK, got my seeding and as it is my first big road race I just have a quick question on how it works.

My race number is D 3482. So I presume I am in batch D? So my wife is in CC. How does it work if I want to ride with her? My start time is 6:47 and her 8:23. Can I just go with her and start with her? I am not concerned with my time at all. I just want to enjoy this ride with my wife. Do I need to make arrangements with the race office or will it not matter if I start anytime later than my seeding?

You can start later than your group but not earlier. So you can happily start with your wife. Just know that you will be riding with the "riff raff" if you start at that time. I use that in the nicest way and knowing that I was in that group a few years back!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VC for me - def dropping back!!

Whats a good group to drop back to that will still make 2:45 - 2:50?

"B" should get you your time, then you can also push me thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

@robox, you in "B" ??

You can start later than your group but not earlier. So you can happily start with your wife. Just know that you will be riding with the "riff raff" if you start at that time. I use that in the nicest way and knowing that I was in that group a few years back!

Rif-Raf ? WTF does that mean ?

NN for me ! nice start time of 9:32 so can sleep late .

VC for me - def dropping back!!

Whats a good group to drop back to that will still make 2:45 - 2:50?

Last year I rode 2:40 in C, so B or C should work.

Good stuff.

Now I have somebody to push me on the N14 and beyond !!!!

Are you willing to fall back out of the bunch for me to push you?

Good stuff.

Now I have somebody to push me on the N14 and beyond !!!!

I am glad that you realised you couldnt rely on me!! eek.gif

I think I will be the one requiring the pushing! So at least I will have a few around to help out! ph34r.png

hmmm, this is going to be a tough one. starting in FF due to not having done any races for the last 2 years.

so how bad is PP??? starting @ 9.38..never done a road race, well not for 20 yrs anyway

Edited by Mike Bike

For only buying a road bike 2 months ago and only riding it about 4 times I guess "N" isnt tooooo bad...just unfortunate I am not able to ride the damn race now. Would have been awesome I think.