2012 94.7

Agteros

PB for Argus for me (old route) 3h10 and 94.7 is 3h23. Garf I wanted to ask you if you are following some sort of training programme for the otter and if so if you would mind sharing it with me. I'd like to take a peek at whats involved thinking I'm also gonna do this race next year.

Well Seeker on the Otter's website is a recommended training program.

But no. I will keep chipping away during the winter. Then ensure I do the 50km City to City in September as well as the Magalies Mayhem 35km trail run not long after. By doing those 2 races I should be OK hopefully.

A lot depends on injuries as well so I will just take it as it comes....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait for me at the end boys :(

Hey mr minute man, do the correct races before the time (D2D & possible Lost City) as fast as possible, then you might even start before (or with) any of us!

The madam turns 30 on friday 16th but gave me a tentative "yes" I can go. So she will either have to come with me and spend her bday on a plane OR be alone on her birthday.

Now do I enter and be selfish and insist on going when she has the inevitable change of heart closer to the time??? Or do I just not bother entering and getting my hopes up? What say you?

Edited by Androni Giocattoli

OK, very confused as to what the route this year is...

The write up says that the climb up to St Andrews is out this year, and that the route is slightly different.

The route map PDF download is identical to last year...?????

See you all at the race! Flying up to do this with my 67 year old Mom. She finished it 2 years ago as her first ever bicycle race! We'll be off at the back with a very casual pace and professional smiles!

That would make it harder. Up that ponte hill. :cursing:

That was the route a few years ago, and still went over the mandela bridge (I think)

I checked the 94.7 website. It says you do come off at joe slovo and somehow around to ghandi square and over mandela bridge, but the route map still has it the 2011 route.

wait and see

Edited by Peter Parker

you need a big pill of HTFU , that all ( if you want to go fast that is ). this year i will break the sub 3 on my SS , its piss and boaring on a road bike but a SS mtb makes this race fun again and interesting .

So you entered?

hows a SS team?

That would make it harder. Up that ponte hill. :cursing:

That was the route a few years ago, and still went over the mandela bridge (I think)

I checked the 94.7 website. It says you do come off at joe slovo and somehow around to ghandi square and over mandela bridge, but the route map still has it the 2011 route.

wait and see

They need to make it a bit tougher, it used to be named JHB toughest race.

lol what for. if the wind is up, its tough enough, especially if you are racing with the vets.

lol what for. if the wind is up, its tough enough, especially if you are racing with the vets.

No lap round Kyalami then

Last year was my first 94.7.

Not a lover of tar... MTB'ing much more my thing.

did it on my SS MTB last year and had an an amazing time.

Could kick myself for missing out all these years, the vibe is amazing!

Definitely not missing out this year.. specially since the SS bug has bitten.. and HARD at that!

I'll be on this....

post-6012-0-44715600-1339517316.jpg

might even take a bit longer and stop off for a beer (or two) this time. :clap:

not phased about my time, did a 4:twentysomething.. if I'm quicker this year then it better be luck and not be because i got all serious about it :mellow:

Scotty, if you find it easy you are clearly not going fast enough ;)

Last year was my first 94.7.

Not a lover of tar... MTB'ing much more my thing.

did it on my SS MTB last year and had an an amazing time.

Could kick myself for missing out all these years, the vibe is amazing!

Definitely not missing out this year.. specially since the SS bug has bitten.. and HARD at that!

I'll be on this....

post-6012-0-44715600-1339517316.jpg

might even take a bit longer and stop off for a beer (or two) this time. :clap:

not phased about my time, did a 4:twentysomething.. if I'm quicker this year then it better be luck and not be because i got all serious about it :mellow:

Very nice, now please keep those regular ugly stickers off the downtube...

Is anyone doing the mountain bike 94.7? 50km? I am not sure whether I want to do that or the road one... I've never done either

Edited by Joe_Cogs