Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and it rains at this time of the year

It's almost a downhill race...

So, Joburg is hot, hilly, rainy and on high altitude. Sounds like I might just die in this race... :-)

I think that wind might be a factor this year on the 94.7. So far this season we have had more wind than normal.

I think that wind might be a factor this year on the 94.7. So far this season we have had more wind than normal.

Think so too, last night as I was leaving Kyalami, the wind was blowing quite hard.

Think so too, last night as I was leaving Kyalami, the wind was blowing quite hard.

I cant remember when last we went for a training ride in the morning without any wind

Dexter are you keen for a loop on Saturday morning?

I cant remember when last we went for a training ride in the morning without any wind

Dexter are you keen for a loop on Saturday morning?

Sorry doing that 40k cycle challenge with my son,

So, Joburg is hot - should you start in A / B / C / D you should be ok and avoid the hot sun

hilly - all lies, JHB is as flat as a pancake with a few downhills

rainy - hopefully only during the afternoon

and on high altitude.

Sounds like I might just die in this race - I believe that people have died doing this race, so yes there is a chance that you could die.

Good luck !!!!!

Edited by Cyclewizz

Good luck !!!!!

Wizz, if you are falling back (and you ride 1200-1600km per month - twice as much as what I do), I think I should do the same. So you go ride in B, I'm thinking of falling back down as far as E

Wizz, if you are falling back (and you ride 1200-1600km per month - twice as much as what I do), I think I should do the same. So you go ride in B, I'm thinking of falling back down as far as E

You know what "A" is like and at the 94.7 it's even worse.

First of all the prize money in A is greater than in any of the VETS cats, so there could be a good few VETS trying their luck in "A".

Secondly there are also a large number of "Elite" riders that ride in "A"

This will result in plenty of attacks at a crazy pace which will mean that after 20km I STUFFED and then will suffer the rest of the way. So I rather drop to "B" where I can still achieve my goal and it will hopefully be more civilized (for me).

Have a mate who rode "A" last year, he's stronger than me on the climbs and he ended up taking 18 min longer to complete the race because of all the attacks.

You on the other hand have sponsors, a fan club, people to impress, an ego, a red bike, etc so you should actually be in "A" but due to your delivery ride last year you've been mistakenly place in "B".

Please control yourself in "B" this year and then next year you can play in your natural environment (aka "A" bunch).

And STOP making fun of fun riders !!!!!!!!! cursing.gif cursing.gif cursing.gif

So, Joburg is hot, hilly, rainy and on high altitude. Sounds like I might just die in this race... :-)

And don't forget to say hi to the Bar-One girls at the bottom of Jan Smuts Ave just past the Zoo!eek.gif

You know what "A" is like and at the 94.7 it's even worse.

First of all the prize money in A is greater than in any of the VETS cats, so there could be a good few VETS trying their luck in "A".

Secondly there are also a large number of "Elite" riders that ride in "A"

This will result in plenty of attacks at a crazy pace which will mean that after 20km I STUFFED and then will suffer the rest of the way. So I rather drop to "B" where I can still achieve my goal and it will hopefully be more civilized (for me).

Have a mate who rode "A" last year, he's stronger than me on the climbs and he ended up taking 18 min longer to complete the race because of all the attacks.

You on the other hand have sponsors, a fan club, people to impress, an ego, a red bike, etc so you should actually be in "A" but due to your delivery ride last year you've been mistakenly place in "B".

Please control yourself in "B" this year and then next year you can play in your natural environment (aka "A" bunch).

And STOP making fun of fun riders !!!!!!!!! cursing.gif cursing.gif cursing.gif

Wizz-man?

sponsors: Tell me more! I need to find out what they are sponsoring me with

a fan club: genuine? Nobody asking for autographs, camping on my lawn, sending me mail.....

people to impress: I only try that for the person staring at me in the mirror

an ego: yoh yoh yoh (On the other hand, I'm SO proud of my 100th place out of 104 in A bunch over the past weekend! devil.gif )

a red bike: You failed to mention 2 things: It is a Raleigh RC200, and I got the frame for free(a give-away, not sponsored! - there is a difference) - I think somebody took pity on me, or they saw me spending moolah to get the bike up and running

+1

IN 2010 I got a 9:20 start did the N14 in the hottest part of the day!

2010 was a nice early out and back. finished around 10am ish...