[Event] Eqstra Spring Classic

Richard Beswick

Ouch, this race is not for sissies. :(

Garmin read 733m ascent in 40km, throw in a few surprises and you have a challenge.

early climbs :)

middle climbs :mellow:

end climbs :angry:

Beer and Spurs burger at the end got a smile on my face again. :lol:

Edited by scotty

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed it too, my legs took 20km to warm up, following yesterdays Silverstar which emptied them of energy and any will to climb. Tough start, up and down, difficult to get a rhythm, 2nd half went better, managed to ride the course, tricky rocky climbs were fun.

Thanks Richard, nice event.

Very tough! Struggled with the 45km but was a good course. Lots of hard climbs and some great technical.

Thanks to jcza for the jager!

Great race, well organized and very challenging. Well done to the organizers...and for all the cheers from the guy on the yellow and black ATV.

Ya the hills were not fun at times, and some interesting routes and technicals, a fun ride for sure!! my legs were feeling it towards the end... think that was more from the mud in sections. I for one was glad that was just over 40kms rather than the 45!! haha

Man, that snuck up on me! Was seeded in the B group, but me thinks i blew a gasket early on and sukkled from that point. Plus my eyebrows stopped working so on that first climb I had to dsimount, wipe and walk.

Nice and technical. Managed a 2h15, or so. Looking forward to the results.

Did the "45km" race. Tough for Gauteng climbing never stopped. Felt like we were out in the bush in the second 20km, which was pretty cool. Trail marking and refreshment stops were supurb.

Now what's up for next weekend?

Come join us this weekend back at avianto for the varsity college 12hr, 3hrs, 6hrs or 12hrs of racing, teams or solo.. Going to e a great day out again.

It was a good race, was tough but enjoyable - definitely not boring :clap:

I saw Joe_C and greeted but didnt see the rest of the peeps, i had one drink but had to hit and run coz had to go and work! mmmmm :thumbdown:

Next time no work planned and will stay for a few doppies with you guys :thumbup:

Fantastic race - awesome route. Much better than Riversands. Hopefully they can keep this venue for some years to come.

Had a good ride, definately got the blood pumping, nice all rounder, hills, mud, singletrack, saw alot of maintenence and repairs on the way as well as alot of blood, nice technical sections up on the rocky mountain....overall good ride

It was a good race, was tough but enjoyable - definitely not boring :clap:

I saw Joe_C and greeted but didnt see the rest of the peeps, i had one drink but had to hit and run coz had to go and work! mmmmm :thumbdown:

Next time no work planned and will stay for a few doppies with you guys :thumbup:

Thought you were going to join us and then you ran away :D Next time... and I want to do some NF soon