Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

What's with all these lanky skinny guys, they look like rakes. Femur length?

I like Nibs, his attitude is so Italian. Hope he can at least win a stage and get on the podium.

I like Nibs too, but I dont think he can win and I think he knows it too, but he can podium, of that I am sure.

Sky will want to keep two men on the podium if they can, so Nibs will have to wrestle the spot away from Cadel and here lies the dilemma, he and Cadel can TT and climb pretty much the same, but Nibs I think is a better descender, so I think the only way he will get the spot is if Sky doesn't chase on the descents and Cadel is left to do so alone.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing. You don't get a race winning gap by attacking on the downhills.

What is wrong with these morons? Evans didn't win the race with the handful of seconds he gained that way last year. He won it in the TT, and the fact that no-one attacked him hard enough uphil.

Nibali's an arsehole. He's got a giant mouth, but is too terrified to risk it all. Where's someone gonna stand up an say, bugger it, I'm not racing for second place, and risk everything?

Yes, attacking on the last descent is too little too late. He needs to do what Andy did last year on the one occasion where he looked like a bike racer worthy of respect. Attack on the first big climb and team up with someone up the road. Easier said than done when Rupert Murdoch's black motorbikes are chasing you though.

I have to say, it's anything but boring.

and this Anything can happen, riders can crash out ,get sickcould change the entire race overnight.

As boring as it was, and as much dope as Armstrong might have or not have been on, we have to be amazed at the fact that for 7 consecutive years he never crashed out, nor became ill enough to abandon the tour.

Sure, but nobody hopes that will happen.

Indeed, it was amazing, but think about it, none of his competitors got sick or crashed out either, Jan, Vino, Mayo to name a few..........maybe they just made them tougher back then. :eek:

Strange that BMC have spent big with major off season signings yet here we are in July all in agreement that the team doesn't look to be capable of defending the no 1.

Some serious money has been wasted this year in transfers on guys who have not performed. And not only at BMC.

You're changing your avatar so often, me thinks you need to start a separate thread, posting a new peta-picture everyday (note: "peta", i.e. no silliness like clothes et al...)

:whistling:

Sure, but nobody hopes that will happen.

Indeed, it was amazing, but think about it, none of his competitors got sick or crashed out either, Jan, Vino, Mayo to name a few..........maybe they just made them tougher back then. :eek:

Maybe the pain was masked, as he tried to steal a handbag, hit a dog and got up every time and kept going.....

Indeed, it was amazing, but think about it, none of his competitors got sick or crashed out either,

Joseba Beloki anyone?

According to Nibali, Wiggins taunted him at the finish. He turned, looked him in the face and waved as if to remind Nibali of his presence.

:clap:

http://www.cyclingwe...rustration.html

"If he wants to be a great champion," Nibali said, "he has to have a little bit of respect for his rivals."

Maybe Wiggans just doesn't consider Nibali a rival?

I'm not loving Wiggin's in general but Nibali needs to put up or shut up. He's the one who said he is not impressed by Wiggins etc - so ride away from the bugger then.

Edited by dracs

I'm not loving Wiggin's in general but Nibali needs to put up or shut up. He's the one who said he is not impressed by Wiggins etc - so ride away from the bugger then.

Ditto (and I'm a Brit!)

Wiggins has the talent and team to be able to win this year - and quite possibly if he avoids bad luck he will. But I just can't make myself want him too. Just seems to be a lack of humility, almost an "I expect to win this" attitude. Just seems to make me happier when other riders (Froome, Nibali, even Menchov and Evans) do well. Really loved watching Voeckler's comeback and Voigt's daring push at the end of yesterday's stage.

Tweeter Sagan@TweeterSagan

Mr Twiglet want more respect. Mr Nibbles want more respect. Sagan couldn't give a sh*t about respect; he just want girls in bikinis.

Isn't that a track thing? where you intimidate your rival with glares.

Also used famously by Lance.

Also used famously by Lance Andy.

Oh, wait, he wasn't intimidating anyone except himself.

Edited by TNT1