Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah... happy Bastille Day! On'ya for celebrating a bit of storming, revolution and guillotining.

In honour of the day I'm going to find myself a nice pinot tonight and have a baguette for lunch.

http://www.mastgraphics.com/m/bastille_day/bastille_day_020.jpg

Today's finishing town:

Village Naturiste

Cap d'Agde has a large family-style naturist resort with about 40,000 visitors on a daily basis during high season (=around 250-350,000 during the whole season)

The Village Naturiste is a large fenced-off part at the north-eastern edge of Cap d'Agde, although it is accessible along the public beach from the east. It is a self-contained town (although sometimes referred to as the "Naked City"), where nudity is legal and common in the whole resort, including its restaurants and shops, day or night. In the evening, when it gets colder, more people are dressed, sometimes in revealing clothes. A local tourist tax is charged per person, per day.

The Naturist Village is a town by itself, with a 2 km (1 mi) beach, a large marina, 2,500 pitches campsite, apartment complexes, hotel, shops, restaurants, night clubs, bars, post office, bank and ATMs, laundrettes, hairdressers & other facilities. It all sums up to about 180 businesses related to it. One can potentially spend an entire vacation without leaving the area.

A history of naturism at Cap d'Agde

The land adjoining the long sandy beach at Cap d'Agde was owned for many years by the Oltra family who farmed the olive groves behind the sand dunes adjoining the beach. After the Second World War the brothers Oltra noticed that people were coming in increasing numbers to camp on their land, and that many of these people liked to bathe and to sunbathe nude.

The Oltra brothers began to formalise arrangements for campers on their land, and this subsequently led to the creation of the Oltra Club which is a caravanning and camping resort. The camp grew increasingly popular, especially with young families. German and Dutch tourists were particularly numerous.

In the early 1970s the government of Georges Pompidou drew up plans for the development of the Languedoc-Roussillon coastline to include plans for a naturist resort at Cap d'Agde. In 1973 the beach was officially designated as a naturist beach. Regulations for the new resort were also promulgated. The Naturist Village would be a place where voyeurs and exhibitionists would not be welcome.

Early developments

The Naturist Village became a controlled zone during the season with regulated access. Everyone entering was informed of the regulations and required to comply with them.

The present position

The Naturist Village has rules requiring nudity as the norm, which ban photography, the wearing of provocative clothing and the display of indecent items. There are clubs and smaller venues including shops and bars. The nightlife centres on clubs and venues. On 23 November 2008 the British newspaper The Sunday Times suggested fires at swingers' clubs were the work of 'nudist mullahs' or fundamentalist nudists with a grudge against the echangistes or libertines.

In 2009, Rene Oltra, the company which bears the name of the original promoter of the resort, required visitors to its campsite and villas and flats which it lets to belong to a naturist organisation.

Sprinters' day.

The Rainbow Jersey has been quiet - I except some fireworks from the Cav, upping his TdF stage wins from 21.

Edited by ' Dale

Yeah, Luke, having watched it again, Goss changes direction twice once he's started his sprint.

Goss will be hurting after the verdict and will want to vindicate himself and his team's effort, I'm sure...

Edited by ' Dale

I know Dangle is away so i thought the new Sagan the Great clothing line could make a safe appearance

AxtzLStCMAAt_G5.jpg

Lol... shame even... won a few stages and now what? Like winning skirmishes in a war, but not the war ;)

Wiggo does a 'Rapha vs Paul Smith' and launches his first collaboration cycling shirt.

Mod style. Not too sure if it's a cycle shirt that meant to look like a fashion shirt or a fashion shirt that's meant to look like a cycle shirt. 100% cotton, tiny pocket & £65 but would you wear one?

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/images/articles/fred-perry-bradley-wiggins-apparel-collection-1-1.jpg

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/images/articles/fred-perry-bradley-wiggins-apparel-collection-2-1.jpg