Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Interesting that Evans was the only rider with a waterbottle on his bike for the time trial. He must have forgotten to take it off after his warm up!

Probably only cost him a second at most.

Cracking prologue all round!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why can't we get coverage like this for the other tours??

ps - Wiggins looking good as is Evans - Frank does not like these time trials!

why can't we get coverage like this for the other tours??

Eurosport coverage is consistent across all ProTour races.

Because it costs money and StupidSport would rather waste your money on rugby. Oh, and on dividends for shareholders.

Hey, do guys think the TDF will count towards ur Argus seeding, and will they make you buy a CSA day license :clap:

ps - Wiggins looking good as is Evans - Frank does not like these time trials!

Yeah, Frank is a pure climber.

Just watched the highlights package.

Those Belgians, mostly, sure love their cycling.

Great crowd support!

Great crowd support!

Loudest cheers going out to Gilbert. That boy must've felt like a rockstar. I punt him for today and would love to see him take it at home. Coupla short spikey climbs and a finish with a 2km climb at around 5% so definately one for the puncheurs.

Loudest cheers going out to Gilbert. That boy must've felt like a rockstar. I punt him for today and would love to see him take it at home. Coupla short spikey climbs and a finish with a 2km climb at around 5% so definately one for the puncheurs.

With 700m at between 12% and 15% on cobbles!

Bumpy old day, if the pace is fast the sprinters won't be near the front come the last climb to the finish.

Edited by petatodd

I didnt watch the Pro-log but, yeah, Gilbert is a good guess, I think Goss or Valverde are also perfectly suited to today's stage. Cancellera could hold onto yellow today as well, he has a bit of a buffer over guys like Gerrans and company and he can also hold his own in these kinds of finishes.

If he keeps it today he has a good chance of holding it for a while as the rest of the week is as flat as a pancake, and as usual in the TDF, dead boring.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Could someone explain this to me? How is a climber, who should have a heck of a sustainable power to weight, not able to do the same thing on the flats? Is it that your power/weight is optimised purely for uphills (ie very light) but stronger-but-heavier people can take you on the TT's where higher weight is less of an issue?

Aside from drug opinions, there have been climber-TT racers like Armstrong & Contador, Evans is doing ok.

Could someone explain this to me? How is a climber, who should have a heck of a sustainable power to weight, not able to do the same thing on the flats? Is it that your power/weight is optimised purely for uphills (ie very light) but stronger-but-heavier people can take you on the TT's where higher weight is less of an issue?

Aside from drug opinions, there have been climber-TT racers like Armstrong & Contador, Evans is doing ok.

Oi! Bent 'Dale, you owe me a beer. I just lost mine through my nose.

Oh, and Zook, Contador is the best climber in the peleton today, bar none, and probably the best time triallist as well.

well I was planning on watching the H/L's, but screwupsport got it wrong again, instead i now got the final 5 min, set my PVR to tape all Tour de France, seems they're not tagging the programs, or changing it last min, and PVR already configured itself to record on previous times. This time TDF pulled the short straw in relation to Tennis.

G

Great crowd support!

Just saw this on twit:

AwtPS-1CMAANA-D.jpg

ta Michelle, and Bryn Lennon/Getty Images Europe

Anyone here putting money on Robbie taking a stage this year? I reckon he has a little "x" next to stage 12, 13, and 15...