Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Like Peter or not, you better get used to seeing him for a few years coming. Personally I like it when someone ruffles the establishment. Vive La Différence!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What worries me most is the fact that we had so many crashes and we have not even got to the mountains and it's treacherous decents. We might end up with a much smaller field come Paris as I am sure a lot of riders will opt out to recover from their injuries in time for the Olympics.

just has a realisation about the state of play in pro cycling.

Previously in the dark days it was armstrong... and he managed to bone Sheryl Crow.

Now-a-days it's cav and peta todd.

Hard on the gack or not at least it's getting better one way or another.

EG:

post-15825-0-66013600-1341608615.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

What worries me most is the fact that we had so many crashes and we have not even got to the mountains and it's treacherous decents. We might end up with a much smaller field come Paris as I am sure a lot of riders will opt out to recover from their injuries in time for the Olympics.

Hmm, good point, I haven't really looked who is going to the Olympics so I dont know, but I guess there will be some loss due either to injury or maybe just to recover and mentally prepare?

To most athletes the Olympics is the bigger prize, the TDF will be back next year again.

Hmm, good point, I haven't really looked who is going to the Olympics so I dont know, but I guess there will be some loss due either to injury or maybe just to recover and mentally prepare?

To most athletes the Olympics is the bigger prize, the TDF will be back next year again.

Truthfully tho, the first week is always carnage. Big packs, big wipe outs. When you get to the mtns it's alway on or two going 'Guinea Pig' and ending off piste. Not seen a mtn stage where there was 25+ riders all lost and looking for wheels or bikes as we sawtoday.

Gold medal or not the TdF is still top of the pile for sure (for those who can).

Darryl Impey having the ride of his life so far 52nd on the GC and the second best rider in his Green Edge Team. Well done Darryl!

Wynants rides alongside me. 'Do you reckon I have a collapsed lung, am in so much pain?' No man, then you wouldn't be on your bike." - Bram Tankink.

Turns out two broken ribs and a collapsed lung :eek:

Another team that got hit badly. Wout Poels crashed hard, got put into an ambulance, got out of the ambulance, climbed back on his bike, rode for 10 kilometres and then gave up. The fact that they let him back on his bike is absolutely irresponsible if you ask me: Poels has a ruptured kidney, a ruptured spleen, bruised lungs and three broken ribs. He is stable now.

Davide Vigano quit the race immediately after the crash, not surprisingly if you see some of the photos (picture: Reuters).

post-6166-0-71401300-1341643151.jpg

According to teammate Hondo, he may have been the one who caused the crash: "Viganò was put Petacchi’s shoes covers in his jersey, when some riders ahead slowed down. Davide had only one hand on the handlebar, so he could not brake properly and he felt in the ditch on the roadside, then all the resto of the group crashed, Scarponi too". Vigano was taken to hospital with pain to his shoulder.

Movistar had a bad day today: Imanol Erviti abandoned, he had to be operated on a deep wound on his right leg, and he'll stay in hospital for 48 hours. There is loss of muscular mass, which sounds freaky. José Ivan Gutierrez took a deep blow to the right knee, and it's doubtful he'll start tomorrow. The team says he can barely walk. If you can barely walk, can you cycle?

Medical bulletin: in the first crash, Greipel most likely dislocated his shoulder, a shoulder he already hurt before. In the second crash, he got smashed against the barriers. Summary: contused right shoulder, contused right wrist, stitches in his dumb, contused left shoulder, abrasions to left knee, elbow and shoulder. He was not involved in the megacrash.

Tom Danielson had to quit the stage. Two separated shoulders and bruises everywhere were too much even for bubble boy. DNF. Below is his bike. Guess it's DNF for the vehicle as well.

post-6166-0-33652600-1341643491.jpg

Edited by DaLoCo

"Oscar Freire, which suffered for a bad crash in the early part of the route of today’s stage, the sixth. In the fall, the three times World Champion broke the third rib in his right chest, and the fracture opened a wound in his pleura.

Hubert Dupont will not start today. Really sorry for him.broken wrist and broken spine. Will defo miss him in mountains.