Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Not to worry, Sagan the awesome can go for yellow ;)

Reckon he'll stick with green.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even? He's a future winner of this race. I was surprised how well Roland did as beaten up as he is. I was even more surprised at how poorly Tejay went.

Indeed, with his ride today he will certainly be a future prospect, Tejay, I think is been used up looking after Cadel, I think he is better than that.

..........but on a bright note, I thought I saw young Sagan do a little front wheel lift and pretend to ride into Gilbert coming over the hill....................tsk,tsk, these youngsters, just no respect.! ;)

The only trick being that you have to cross the finish line in Paris.

The only trick being that you have to cross the finish line in Paris.

Well, two weeks and we'll know.

People make fun of Phil and Paul, but a few years back already, Paul noted this guy, P n P actually know their stuff.

Sure, they have been doing it long enough, but like in the race, I still think its time for a fresh young voice to take over, Mathew Keenan looks like a good choice to me.

..........but on a bright note, I thought I saw young Sagan do a little front wheel lift and pretend to ride into Gilbert coming over the hill....................tsk,tsk, these youngsters, just no respect.! ;)

Yeah, I said earlier, I love this oke for his attitude.

Not to worry, Sagan the awesome can go for yellow ;)

:D - Hee, Hee, I'll raise you another babotie on that one.! :D

Super domestique to Wiggo, Froome, gets his moment of glory. Even the emotionless Cadel looked stunned as he vroem-vroemed past.

you should have said "Froome-vroemed" :P

Yeah, hope he takes the maillot vert to Paris.

:-)

Cadel thought he had this one stitched up. The look on his face when Froome came past. As they say, priceless. And Froome's performance on that ramp, breathtaking.

Sky was super strong, and lived up to expectations today. Compare this to Evans, he was on his own for about half of the climb. Having 3 domestiques in front of Wiggins like that was very impressive. I cant see anybody beat Wiggins with a team like that behind him, unless he has bad luck. Im hoping something unexpected happens, otherwise the race will end up a bit stale like when LA used his doped up team to control it for him.

Fantastic win for Froome, he was the strongest man on that mountain today - even after pacing a long stint. I wonder how much time he could have gotten back if he attacked sooner. I hope Sky cuts hime loose.

PS - I think SA cycling needs a re-think on developing our riders. Climbers have zero opportunity on our local scene. We have on over emphasis on sprinters, because the pros and the funriders ride the same routes and funriders dont like hard climbs. How about letting them race in Lesotho,Sabie & Tzaneen for some big money?

Contrast that to

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/07/SchleckfinishTDF6_712-019-632x421.jpg