Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Clearly not intellectual midgets like yourself.

But anyone with a smidgen of intellect does. What big tex did to her was just appalling. And the others he bullied for seeking to out him.

Well said.

I see you feel the need to get personal. Says allot about your intellectual/inferiority issues

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you feel the need to get personal. Says allot about your intellectual/inferiority issues

Not personal at all. Just a response to a highly insensitive inflammatory comment.

What is allot? I can't see how your second sentence makes any sense. Point proven.

I like question 6 :

"Is there a sense that perhaps a lot of people have always been jealous of your success? That maybe there was and remains a lot of jealousy out there, a lot of European jealousy, a British press-led European conspiracy of jealousy? Do you think, Lance, that might be a possibility? I'm just putting it out there."

Not personal at all. Just a response to a highly insensitive inflammatory comment.

What is allot? I can't see how your second sentence makes any sense. Point proven.

Bad habbit of mine using the word. Yes i did mean a lot, thanks for pointing it out. Grammar was never my strong point. I really don't want to get involved with you in a personal mud slinging contest.

Granted! My comment about Betsy was insensitive. I just find her to be a hypocrit. All was good when the money came in and running to the media when the pit was dry. That is my opinion on her.

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Granted! My comment about Betsy was insensitive. I just find her to be a hypocrit. All was good when the money came in and running to the media when the pit was dry. That is my opinion on her.

JF

I have no ambition to get into the slanging match you triggered with your comment which you have since conceded was insensitive. However, as your comment was in response to a post I made which named her, i will make just 1 point.

If there is one person to which your slur "All was good when the money came in and running to the media when the pit was dry." does not apply, it is her.

Neither she, nor her husband were there when "the money came in". When she heard that LA was doping, before his '99 win she gave her then fiancé an ultimatum. Do drugs, or marry me. You can't have both. (A paraphrase for the pedantic).

When Frankie failed the LA loyalty test and did not commit to the medical assistance on offer by US Postal, he was dumped. When she testified under oath (to what we now know to be the truth) he set out to destroy her. His acolytes threatening to "break a bat over her head" . Her husband having his career limited by LA vindictiveness.

I'm sorry, there are many hypocrites in this story. She is probably the only one to whom this slur does not apply.

The facts are out there.

Edited by eddy

And anyway LA was no way the king of dopers so he can't swop that title for his TDF wins. That has to go to Pantani. How can you beat 100 grams of coke a week aside from EPO, steroids and human growth hormone.

And anyway LA was no way the king of dopers so he can't swop that title for his TDF wins. That has to go to Pantani. How can you beat 100 grams of coke a week aside from EPO, steroids and human growth hormone.

You left out the queer hookers!

JF

I have no ambition to get into the slanging match you triggered with your comment which you have since conceded was insensitive. However, as your comment was in response to a post I made which named her, i will make just 1 point.

If there is one person to which your slur "All was good when the money came in and running to the media when the pit was dry." does not apply, it is her.

Neither she, nor her husband were there when "the money came in". When she heard that LA was doping, before his '99 win she gave her then fiancé an ultimatum. Do drugs, or marry me. You can't have both. (A paraphrase for the pedantic).

When Frankie failed the LA loyalty test and did not commit to the medical assistance on offer by US Postal, he was dumped. When she testified under oath (to what we now know to be the truth) he set out to destroy her. His acolytes threatening to "break a bat over her head" . Her husband having his career limited by LA vindictiveness.

I'm sorry, there are many hypocrites in this story. She is probably the only one to whom this slur does not apply.

The facts are out there.

Frankie quit after USPS did not renew his contract. Do you really think he never doped?

Betsy knew LA doped and then saw him become a multi-millionaire and national hero while her husband didn't even get a contract. You can understand why she is bitter. I really do, but I still don't care much for her. You open yourself up to these kind of things when you think you are the arbitrator of the truth.

Same thing with Walsh. He was right all allong and we can give that to him. But, no one would even have known who he is if it wasn't for LA.

The controversy around LA made many of these people and will continue to do so for a very long time.

1 You have yet to respond in detail to the case made against you by the US Anti-Doping Agency which provides overwhelming evidence that you headed a doping programme "more extensive than any previously revealed in professional sports history … a fraudulent course of conduct that extended over a decade". Usada's case against you includes sworn statements from more than two dozen witnesses including 15 professional cyclists and a dozen former members of your teams. How can you deny their case?

2 Past experience of doping confessions suggests that you will claim you had no alternative but to dope because that was the culture of the sport at the time and it was the only way to succeed. Has it ever occurred to you that in 1999, when you won your first Tour de France, the sport was in a state of transition, with a body of riders and teams clearly and publicly committed to change, and that your doping, and that of other US Postal riders in that Tour and those that followed, contributed strongly to the sport being sucked back into the morass of doping? More importantly, did it cross your mind at the time?

3 In the light of the overwhelming evidence of doping against you in the 1999 Tour, have you any words for Christophe Bassons, whom you intimidated during that race over his anti-doping stance? Similarly, have you any thoughts for Filippo Simeoni, whom you bullied out of a possible 2004 stage win after he testified against your trainer Michele Ferrari?

4 What would you say now if you were alone in a room with any of the whistleblowers – Emma O'Reilly, Greg LeMond, Betsy Andreu, David Walsh – who you threatened when they attempted to expose you?

5 Usada's reasoned decision states that you had "ultimate control ... over the doping culture of [the US Postal Service] team ..." that you "required that [your team-mates] adhered to the doping program outlined for them". Was this indeed the case?

6 It is known that you madetwo substantial payments to the InternationalCycling Union during your racing career. Why did you make those payments?

7 Could you detail any meetings you may have had at the UCI to discuss doping matters and recall what was said at those meetings?

8 In 2009, you returned to the Tour de France after four years' retirement. Usada claims there is evidence to suggest you used blood doping during that race. Can you confirm or deny that? Either way, why did you refuse your consent for the ICU to supply Usada with its laboratory and collection information from that race for analysis and will you now grant that permission?

9 A cycling fan, who believed in you for many years, asked how people like him could possibly now have faith in any of their heroes. What would you say to him and those in the cancer community who believed in you for so long?

10 In July this year, all the living riders who have raced in the Tour de France in its 100 editions will be in Paris for the finish. Will you take your place among them or do you feel your place is elsewhere?