Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Well, incompetence seems the wrong word. Corrupt at the time seems closer.

I propose a new word "governmental"

Meaning both corrupt and incompetent.

Used in a sentence ..."The doping authorities are very governmental, they must have had lessons from Jacob Zuma"

See...it works.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LA being the most tested athlete...

Oh, crisis, that was funny. Were you a staff writer for Seinfeld or something?

Yeah maybe, Christie, but I suppose we'll never know who those okes are now. Because no matter what happens, pro cyclists ( not just because of LA, an to believe otherwise is excessively naive) will be labelled as dopers until such time as proper oversight and control can be implemented. And even then, who is to say what i achievable naturally? Some eminently gifted athlete comes along and smokes everyone else. Never doped, but is just freakishly gifted. Will that "force" others to dope just to be able to keep up? Maybe. Wo knows.

Whatever happens, a mahooooosive overhaul is needed. And sharpish.

Christophe Bassons for starters

No. Read my post again.

I'll spell it out for you.

Yeha, but the thing is I still support him.(full stop. end of sentence) Regardless of what happened (comma - the punctuation mark used in order to pause the reader, just before presentation of argument or fact or otherwise related point) the fact is that the whole peloton was and still is dirty.

There. I never said I supported him regardless of what had happened. I said I still supported him, and then started a new sentence.

If I had said "yeah, but the thing is I still support him regardless of what happened." Then by all means chastise me. Seeing as that is NOT what I said...

Hey, did you eat your brains or something?

You say you still support him. That by default is regardless. Catch a wake up.

Hey, did you eat your brains or something?

You say you still support him. That by default is regardless. Catch a wake up.

Dude, quit it with the antagonism.

I still support him. Yes. What has happened, though, is far from being clear cut. Until i see something definitive (which the report was not, btw, it read like a days of our lives script) i shall continue to do so. I am not under any public pressure to drop my support of him.

Was he a doper? Maybe.

Edit: did he antagonize ppl? Probably. But i do not for one second believe anything that has come from usada or LA on the matter.

Edited by cptmayhem

Of course in the light of recent events, my (and many others') first reaction will be, but he's probably lying. That's what Lance gave us.

True....... but I find the silence deafening

True....... but I find the silence deafening

I figure for the riders at the moment it's like racing, wait and see... Then make your move (statement)

Us puny okes are saying there's more to come, they're closer to it, and for good or bad, they're holding onto their cards before playing.

I figure for the riders at the moment it's like racing, wait and see... Then make your move (statement)

Us puny okes are saying there's more to come, they're closer to it, and for good or bad, they're holding onto their cards before playing.

Too right.

Dude, quit it with the antagonism.

I still support him. Yes. What has happened, though, is far from being clear cut. Until i see something definitive (which the report was not, btw, it read like a days of our lives script) i shall continue to do so. I am not under any public pressure to drop my support of him.

Was he a doper? Maybe.

Edit: did he antagonize ppl? Probably. But i do not for one second believe anything that has come from usada or LA on the matter.

Quit being condescending then. It's not smart.

Everything points to him being guilty. We have many witnesses, we have sponsors moving off...but most importantly, here you have one of the all time great athletes, a fighter, stepping down from the board, running away. If he WAS innocent, and he KNEW that, he'd die fighting.

He's guilt as sin.

stepping down from the board, . If he WAS innocent, and he KNEW that, he'd die fighting.

Of course, even if he is innocent, stepping down from the board of Livestrong, would be the smart and correct business decision.

Quit being condescending then. It's not smart.

Everything points to him being guilty. We have many witnesses, we have sponsors moving off...but most importantly, here you have one of the all time great athletes, a fighter, stepping down from the board, running away. If he WAS innocent, and he KNEW that, he'd die fighting.

He's guilt as sin.

Done

The sponsors moving off are due to public pressure. Negative connotations and all that.

I still question the veracity of the "witness testimony" though. How funny (sad) would it be if USADA were paying for the testimony though?