Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see CNN is reporting another sponsor "Anheuser Busch" has also dropped him and will not renew at the end of 2012.

Nike, according to CNN was LA's biggest sponsor and paid him approx. $17.5 million dollars in royalties in 2010-2011 thats a big, big, chunk of income going out the door.

1x Private jet for sale going cheap cheap

Comes with a an annoying commentator and some blood stains on the seats from the transfusions.

1x Private jet for sale going cheap cheap

Comes with a an annoying commentator and some blood stains on the seats from the transfusions.

laugh.png - Ha, Ha, "Annoying commentator" - Classic chuckle for this time of night.laugh.png

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

So who are your current favourite pro riders? Do you feel the same about the other guys who got busted or currently coining it by coming clean in books?

I am not defending Lance. I am 100% sure he is guilty. Just checking if you are a hypocrite on the matter

3rd question first: Personally I think it's fine to write an autobiography about one's experiences, people will buy it if the subject interests them. It's the person who buys the book who needs to look at himself. The author has. I bought the secret race on my kindle but haven't read past the first chapter yet. Having read the USADA document in detail I'm not sure I will finish the book in a hurry as it only confirms what I have suspected for 13 years. Will I rush to a book signing or speech by any of these guys? No.

There are certain guys who's books I will never buy or read. Big Tex was one of those.

Irrationally, my dislike of him started in 1999 when he so easily beat Pantani but Ullrich was not racing and Jan would sort him out in 2000. Then my dislike and suspicions got stronger, fueled by PnP and their unbridled manlove of everything USPS.

2nd question: Riders like Vino, Basso, Contador and before them Landis, Hamilton and before them Virenque who denied any wrong doing and denied being doped despite being caught have little self respect and are hard to admire as sportsmen but some known cheats have been great to watch for the way they animate the racing. Vino certainly was one of the characters but I don't admire him.

There is a HUGE difference between these type of guys and the 11 who gave evidence to USADA. Some of the guys who where never caught doping came clean and risked a more than we can imagine by telling the truth about the past. Although I don't particularly like Leipheimer I do think Quickstep did the wrong thing in firing him as it reinforces the old school of thought.

But dislike any of them like I have despised the Texan? No

And lastly current favourites? I like my boy, he is a class act. Most of the sprints are worth watching but it doesn't really matter to me who wins the race as I love watching the sport. I think Wiggo and FroomeDog are class acts, I like Andy, JRod, The Gorilla and Orica GreenEdge are having fun and of course Peter the Great is a breath of fresh air. But since Ullrich got farked over by the scum I have stopped getting emotional about having favourites.

So not much hypocracy there then.

I think Wiggo, Froome and Sky are on it...

their dominance this year has an uncanny familiarity to it...

just saying

Wiggo is on his bike 6 hours a day !!!, wait I heard that one before.........

It's a lost cause, the good guys have won. Move on to something worthwhile believing in and admiring.

Come now, you can't say a bunch of faceless bureaucrats hiding in a committee are good guys. If so, they'd be the first.

So, what about Lance having volunteered for a lie-detector test? Would that satisfy the Doubting Thomases?

Come now, you can't say a bunch of faceless bureaucrats hiding in a committee are good guys. If so, they'd be the first.

So, what about Lance having volunteered for a lie-detector test? Would that satisfy the Doubting Thomases?

If you are of the opinion that LA is innocent then I suggest you remove yourself from the world of opinions before you hurt somebody.

Lance did NOT volunteer for for a lie-detector test. Listen to the BBC interview with Tm Herman that started the lie-detector story. Here, I found it for you :

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ycling/19941445

What happened is that whilst talking about the witnesses, Herman was asked about lie detectors and he vacillated when asked if LA would also do one, used some weasel words that came down to maybe and then said he had to go and hung up.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but should stick to the basic facts.

Edited by eddy

The lie detector test "offer" is a crock on portaloo contents on race day morning. Herman stated "me might" and all of a sudden he volunteered?

The good guys are the guys who never fell under the spell of big Tex and his fanboy Phil Liggett, the guys who never bought the yellow cock ring, the guys who didn't fall for the whole charity fund raiser and the guys who thought the 28 black shirt rubbish was a cheap stunt.

And the good guys remain those who love cycling as a sport, not because big Tex "put it where it is today" as so many of the bad guys seem to pontificate.

Guys like Greg LeMond and a few on these boards. And it's easy to be the good guy when, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, guys are still trying to convince us that big Tex is the good guy.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but should stick to the basic facts.

Why stick to the facts they get in the way of one's long held opinion?

I'm no LA fan. He doped for sure. He probably wouldn't have won a single TdF clean, but he can only be held responsible for his own doping violations. All those other USPS confessors are taking the easy way out. They earned big contracts with other teams after USPS. There were other clean riders , that were denied contracts , because they were not good(or too clean) enough