Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

His legal team are probably the most expensive guys you could hire so why spend money defending something you cant win.

You'd think they would be able to file an injunction correctly, and not get scolded by a judge for not doing the basics...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USADA can't use the fed evidence.

TW, I am not sure that is is right.

I know that this is LA's point of view but I have not found any authority that says he is right. His (amended) claim in his suit seeking injunctive relief is also light on case law or statute in support of this assertion.

There seems to be nothing in the USADA rules that says it cannot use the evidence, nor that prevents the US procecuting authorities from handing over evidence that they have sourced.

It seems to be one of the technical/procedural aspects Lance is using to avoid having to face the evidence.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Dassie, USADA can't use the fed evidence. That's one of the points Lance's camp is using to say the charges are illegal.

That hasn't been determined as yet, they do have access to it though.

I predict LA will not run out of money to throw at lawyers any time soon. There are several other people with a wall of cash behind them who have a vested interest in the 500 tests passed fairy tale.

eddy, dassie...the testimony garnered in the grand jury hearing is sealed. Yeah, interesting. Can it be used? Maybe not. Would the seal extend to the evidence they have gathered? Or just to what was said at the grand jury?

No I doubt it, LA in my opinion is just defending, which is his right. These investigations and processes are run much like any court process and LA has a right to put his side forward, or try and discredit the prosecution's case.

His problem really is that he is trying to discredit an established process which he also agreed to and I just think its hard to believe the judge will find fault with a process which has been used successfully many times before, but, as I say, thats his right and he appears to be exercising it.

Why waste money, LA for all his faults is not stupid, surely in his efforts to fights the claims he knows he has strong grounds to reject the accusations or has he reached a point where he does not care how much he gambles by digging in his heels.

Missing pieces to the puzzle

You'd think they would be able to file an injunction correctly, and not get scolded by a judge for not doing the basics...

I agree , his legal team should have done their homework on the judge and realized he likes it short and sweet.

JB decides to appear, from his website

Johan Bruyneel's Statement Regarding USADA Proceedings

I can confirm that I have requested an arbitration hearing in which I will contest USADA's accusations against me.

It is my hope that a properly constituted, impartial hearing panel will confirm that the case should never even have gotten this far. Due to the sensitive nature of legal proceedings, I have been advised that it would be inappropriate for me to comment further at this stage.

Once again, I would like to thank the many people who continue to support me.

Johan Bruyneel

@petatodd: Sweeeeeet!... and everyone thought he was gonna just roll over...

I love it... things are gathering momentum for the Lance side...

Love, huggs and kisses - not to be politically incorrect... but the kisses are only for women :blush: - to everyone who supports Lance...go-lance-go!

Love, huggs and kisses - not to be politically incorrect... but the kisses are only for women :blush: - to everyone who supports Lance...go-lance-go!

Well, that'll be you kissing yourself then. Please don't mistake the posting of news as any form affection for the scum.

PS... just got info from a Dr... if you get into oxygen debt... you blood values will spike-fact!

When you climb Everest-it is this that can kill you!... Now Lance asserts that the days that it spiked was after he trained @ near 4000m... and was tested @ 3000m... that is very plausible!

Not everything is as it seems... <fade out with ominous music>

PS... just got info from a Dr... if you get into oxygen debt... you blood values will spike-fact!

When you climb Everest-it is this that can kill you!... Now Lance asserts that the days that it spiked was after he trained @ near 4000m... and was tested @ 3000m... that is very plausible!

Not everything is as it seems... <fade out with ominous music>

I choked on my beer with laughter.

Thanks for that.

Well, that'll be you kissing yourself then. Please don't mistake the posting of news as any form affection for the scum.

It is always best to kiss the one who loves you most :clap:

All I appreciate is the fact that someone so anti-Lance would go to the trouble to post something that is not lambasting but impartial... That is so magnanimous of you!

I choked on my beer with laughter.

Thanks for that.

Dude... its 11 am and you are drinking beer!

cheers

Now I am not sure if you laughed because you did not understand the actual medical facts or if you liked my Quentin Tarantino-"isk" ending?