Need to keep warm tomorrow

The Ghost

Im due to ride tomorrow and I think its gonna be kinda chilly.

What should I get to keep warm?

Base layer - worries me coz taking it off is difficult.

Jacket - need one small enough to put in shirt pocket. Wind proof, but rain proof not essential.

What do you suggest, keeping in mind I need to buy it today (in JHB) so online stores wont help much.

I bought a first ascent bamboo thermal shirt this week. the material is quite thin and highly wicking. the box makes all kinds of grand promises of thermal regulation and comfort. we shall see

A friend has a first ascent 'apple' jacket. she says its very windproof. it folds up in a tiny ball which can easily be stowed in a back pocket.

and then ofcourse fleece arm warmers and long fingered winter gloves. eventually I plan on completing the 'ensemble' with long socks and a buff or two. extra points for wacky colour. ;)

Tomorrow is mild, but just start your ride a bit later. I'm hitting VG at 10:30. Easier that way.

Im guessing no more than 10 degrees when we start.

I quite like the first ascent 'apple' jacket, but does it keep you warm?

Im due to ride tomorrow and I think its gonna be kinda chilly.

What should I get to keep warm?

Base layer - worries me coz taking it off is difficult.

Jacket - need one small enough to put in shirt pocket. Wind proof, but rain proof not essential.

What do you suggest, keeping in mind I need to buy it today (in JHB) so online stores wont help much.

You should be fine with your base layer jocks

I bought a first ascent bamboo thermal shirt this week. the material is quite thin and highly wicking. the box makes all kinds of grand promises of thermal regulation and comfort. we shall see

A friend has a first ascent 'apple' jacket. she says its very windproof. it folds up in a tiny ball which can easily be stowed in a back pocket.

and then ofcourse fleece arm warmers and long fingered winter gloves. eventually I plan on completing the 'ensemble' with long socks and a buff or two. extra points for wacky colour. ;)

Got the same shirt, aside from a sleeve cuff coming undone its not too bad. I use this, a short sleeve shirt, take some arm warmers in my pocke and a sleevless jacket from Anatomic in my pocket for riding home. Not too keen on the full jacket as it makes me sweat too much.

Tomorrow is mild, but just start your ride a bit later. I'm hitting VG at 10:30. Easier that way.

By then the day is over....

What you talking about, tomorrow will be warm.

But it will be a good idea to ride with more clothes than just your G-String (as in your avatar)

Edited by Cyclewizz

Original and still the best: newspaper.

Take a few sheets to keep your chest warm

What you talking about, tomorrow will be warm.

But it will be a good idea to ride with more clothes than just your G-String (as in your avatar)

With posts like these, I can see Im going to freeze tomorrow.

By then the day is over....

Its like living in jhb and leaving for work at 09:00. Less traffic.

Actually stopping at lbs first for new headset bearings.