Where do you do your FTP?

Do you do it on the road and for how long? If on the road then how do you achieve an uninterrupted test?

Would be keen to to hear from those in CT where they conduct their FTP without haaving to be stopped by traffic lights.

Ideally you would then have to test under similar conditions every time you do it, to make the results consistent.

If you do it on the IDT to you then use that FTP on the road.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do mine up The Glen, from camps bay high school all the way to the Cablecar only problem is when u get to the top intersection, kloof nek/ kloof road u have to navigate across without wasting too much time alternatively swing to the left & go up to signal hill.

The Glen / Signal hill route works best for me. The only downside is that you have to work hard on the short downhill section, but Normalised Power will generally take care of that.

Other options are Ou Kappse Weg South side.

The Glen / Signal hill route works best for me. The only downside is that you have to work hard on the short downhill section, but Normalised Power will generally take care of that.

Other options are Ou Kappse Weg South side.

OKW South Side? Where that? As far I know its only a East Side(Steenberg) Or West Side(Silvermine)

Do you do it on the road and for how long? YES - 2x20mins or 2x15mins if you're just starting out, someokes do 3x20mins or 2x30mins.

If on the road then how do you achieve an uninterrupted test? Find a stretch of road where you can achive this, as mentioned before, most blokes do the Glen to Signal Hill or Glen to Cablecar. Problem with this is, the fitter you become the less time it takes to get up there so then you can either do 3x15mins or find another stretch of road. I've often considered Camps Bay Police Station to the top of Llundudno but never tried it. another option was the Argus but reverse from the Redhill Intesection to the top of Smitswinkel also never tried it yet.

Functional Threshold Power (FTP). FTP is the power you would average with your highest possible effort during a 60-minute race.

File Transfer Protocol?

I was thinking the same :rolleyes:

yes, you are correct - File Transfer Protocol, in the power training thread, genius. did you even bother reading the Ops post before replying with your meaningless post.

Now that you've up your post count by a solidarity 1, you may orderly move along to another thread where you could possibly add some value, thanks for "poopping" in. BTW there are no prices to reach 1000 or 10 000 or a 1000 000 posts, please tell your friends as well.

yes, you are correct - File Transfer Protocol, in the power training thread, genius. did you even bother reading the Ops post before replying with your meaningless post.

Now that you've up your post count by a solidarity 1, you may orderly move along to another thread where you could possibly add some value, thanks for "poopping" in. BTW there are no prices to reach 1000 or 10 000 or a 1000 000 posts, please tell your friends as well.

Get your panties in a bunch much?

It wasnt a serious question; I thought that was obvious

No prices to reach 1000 posts? Bandwidth is not free...

OKW South Side? Where that? As far I know its only a East Side(Steenberg) Or West Side(Silvermine)

Silvermine

• 2 months later...