AM tyres... what you running?

patches

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone riding the aggressor? Looks like an awesome back tyre

Superb tyre on the rear. Good balance of grip and rolling resistance. Also found it quite resilient to general poor line choice and or sneaky rocks hiding in the undergrowth.

Ran it on a medium travel trail bike on anything from damp to dry loose trails, performed well in a variety of conditions.

Superb tyre on the rear. Good balance of grip and rolling resistance. Also found it quite resilient to general poor line choice and or sneaky rocks hiding in the undergrowth.

Ran it on a medium travel trail bike on anything from damp to dry loose trails, performed well in a variety of conditions.

Been thinking I might get one for my reign... also really well priced

Yes I have joined the party late, but I am happy I did.

Fitted a DHF and DHR II on the Intense (with tubes because I couldn't get the them seated the night before I wanted to ride :cursing: ) and took it for a spin at Rotorua last weekend....nice! very very nice!

I could only get the 60tpi, but for NZ it is fine because I a, yet to see a rock garden on the trails ...

Plenty of roots etc. and they handled the soft very well (for my limits of course)!

• 3 weeks later...

My love affair with my Magic Mary took a hit yesterday. On a piece of track I have ridden dozens of times, a r/h kink rather than a corner. The front tyre must have hit the edge of a smallish rock causing a large tear in the tread and a tiny tear at the side wall. Its almost a carbon copy of what happened to my rock razor a few weeks ago, even on the same side of the tyre I was probably doing 30km/h and when i inspected the track, the rock that caused it looked fairly innocuous. Think I am a candidate for Huck Norris... I did manage to repair the tyre and it held pressure well enough for my ride to continue as normal. Its just not very confidence inspiring.

My love affair with my Magic Mary took a hit yesterday. On a piece of track I have ridden dozens of times, a r/h kink rather than a corner. The front tyre must have hit the edge of a smallish rock causing a large tear in the tread and a tiny tear at the side wall. Its almost a carbon copy of what happened to my rock razor a few weeks ago, even on the same side of the tyre I was probably doing 30km/h and when i inspected the track, the rock that caused it looked fairly innocuous. Think I am a candidate for Huck Norris... I did manage to repair the tyre and it held pressure well enough for my ride to continue as normal. Its just not very confidence inspiring.

Mushroom plug :thumbup:

Where you get yours from?

I see mushroom plugs differ to the usual sticky strip repair thing I used.   I'd also like to know where to get them please. Look like a good idea for a longer term repair when you get the bike home...

Edited by Headshot

I see mushroom plugs differ to the usual sticky strip repair thing I used.   I'd also like to know where to get them please. Look like a good idea for a longer term repair when you get the bike home...

I've been told to ask the motorbike guys. I've asked at couple of shops and was met with blank looks.

I've been told to ask the motorbike guys. I've asked at couple of shops and was met with blank looks.

I see them online  - standard size is 5/16" x 3/4" long  - maybe a tad big for MTB tyres?

Was sure I've seen them at Suzuki South. Trakmak (sp?) may also have them... 

I'll pop in and check when I have a spare few minutes

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/mhYXGTq.jpg

Just bought a new set of takkies for the trail bike. This is the front tyre.

Can you guess what it is?

TRS range from e*13?

Those look kiff! Are they Michelins?