AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Fitted a WTB 2.25 Trailboss tough/fast roll last week & 'test rode' it last weekend at Karkloof.

Good rolling & good grip as well.

Really like the thick sidewalls.

Paired with a WTB Vigilante up front & so far i like the combo.

The 2.25 TB is slightly smaller than the 2.2 Wolverine it replaced which is my only gripe (so far)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a couple High Roller II's a Ardents from CRC

Seems there's no other way... I've been trying to get HR II's for ages but nobody seems prepared to bring them in. Ended up going with a 2015 Sch NN PS for a rear tire... Havent fitted it yet though.

Seems there's no other way... I've been trying to get HR II's for ages but nobody seems prepared to bring them in. Ended up going with a 2015 Sch NN PS for a rear tire... Havent fitted it yet though.

Ran my 2015 NN PS Rear and Magic Mary TS for the first time this past weekend at Cascades. LOVED the combo. MM was Super grippy in the front and never once gave me the feeling it was letting go and tracked superbly in hard and loose stuff. New NN on the rear rolled much better than the Hans Dampf it replaced, still not super fast but I noticed a difference. Also felt stable, slides were easily controlled and knobblies are all still holding tight which is more than I can say for the old NN and HD who's blocks started ripping and shredding after the first ride.

They are big, slightly heavy and aggressive looking - they do have some rolling resistance but for me personally, the grip and control they offer is worth it. Will be my combo for a long time me thinks.

Been running the older NN's front and back. Just find the rear wears way to fast, think it might have something to do with the sharp edges on the nobs.

Going to try the Ardent on the back for a bit, seeing I'm riding far to much jeep track and smoother single track with Tokai being out of action!

I run a Spesh Purgatory at the back and it works really well in Winter on the rear and in the Summer on the front.

The sidewalls aren't too bad - I run them a little harder, but on a muddy ride a couple of weeks ago, they gripped like crazy and I didnt slip out once!

I live in the Western Cape, so we have wet Winters here, and the ground can be anything from thick mud to clay to perfect loamy conditions.

Ran my 2015 NN PS Rear and Magic Mary TS for the first time this past weekend at Cascades. LOVED the combo. MM was Super grippy in the front and never once gave me the feeling it was letting go and tracked superbly in hard and loose stuff. New NN on the rear rolled much better than the Hans Dampf it replaced, still not super fast but I noticed a difference. Also felt stable, slides were easily controlled and knobblies are all still holding tight which is more than I can say for the old NN and HD who's blocks started ripping and shredding after the first ride.

They are big, slightly heavy and aggressive looking - they do have some rolling resistance but for me personally, the grip and control they offer is worth it. Will be my combo for a long time me thinks.

Got the same combo but with the old NN, The terrain where I mostly ride is not really rocky so it seem to last... even though I can see that some knobbies want to leave the carcasse!!!

Swapped my WTB Bronson 2.3 over to the rear, replacing the wolverine and stuck a brand new Onza Ibex 2.4 DHC on the front. Should be a way better wet weather setup hopefully. Will be putting it to the test at Steilte tomorrow morning

Edited by Devon Mans

Swapped my WTB Bronson 2.3 over to the rear, replacing the wolverine and stuck a brand new Onza Ibex 2.4 DHC on the front. Should be a way better wet weather setup hopefully. Will be putting it to the test at Steilte tomorrow morning

Good luck with Steilte... bucketing down tomorrow

Good luck with Steilte... bucketing down tomorrow

Shot. It's going to be my first ride there in the rain. Will be interesting to see how it compares to a wet Jonkers.

Anyone used a Spez Butcher before?

Yes, I run one on the front.

It's much like a Maxxis Minion to be honest, seriously grippy with a fairly hard transition to the side knobs. If you lean aggressively into corners, it will work for you.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Martin Hattingh

Yes, I run one on the front.

It's much like a Maxxis Minion to be honest, seriously grippy with a fairly hard transition to the side knobs. If you lean aggressively into corners, it will work for you.

Thanks good to know.

Edit: Spelling