AM tyres... what you running?

patches

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this issue with Conti's that came with my bike. We got past it by mixing Tube sealant in with the normal sealant... With the tube sealant being much thicker, it sealed the side walls and stopped the weeping. Took a top up or three and 2-3 weeks to seal them completely but it works well...Also seemed to help for bigger punctures where the normal sealant didn't want to seal.

Since switched to Onza Ibex front and rear, 6 months, no weeping... But they have the FRC sidewalls which are thicker and probably helps.

Also, I personally don't use Stans, Personally find the batches are too inconsistent, one batch is basically just water and the next sludge... Joke is that the local suppliers water the stuff down to make more money...but who knows! 

Sticking with Tyre Juice, seals the wheels every time!

We should start a home-made sealant thread...

We should start a home-made sealant thread...

or just a "Hacks & Bodges" (as they say on GMBN) thread....

Sorry to derail the thread, but on your CCDB InLine, do you have the new blue dustwiper or still black?

My shock came back today from its service with the blue dust wiper.

• 2 months later...

This is what I am going to buy for my New bike (Trance Advanced):

Front: Schwalbe Magic Mary Evo Snakeskin TrailStar TL 27,5 x 2,35"

Rear: Schwalbe Rock Razor Snakeskin PaceStar TLR 27.5 x 2.35"

I think this will be awesome. Agree?

Yes. 

If you find some let me know... looking for the same

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Had been looking for Maxxis High Roller 2s for quite some time... Anyways, I came across some and bought two.

Both are 27.5 x 2.4 3C Compound, DH Casings. Anyone have any clue why they would have different tread patterns? Methinks there may have been a mixup at the factory and one is in fact a minion dhr2. It's had me scratching my head quite a bit. Anyone have comments about the 3C compound? Since I moved from XC weekend warrior, to enduro/lite DH weekend warrior, I've been a Schwalbe guy, keen to give these a try!post-44829-0-40173800-1476886244_thumb.jpg

post-44829-0-20900700-1476886245_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

Had been looking for Maxxis High Roller 2s for quite some time... Anyways, I came across some and bought two.

Both are 27.5 x 2.4 3C Compound, DH Casings. Anyone have any clue why they would have different tread patterns? Methinks there may have been a mixup at the factory and one is in fact a minion dhr2. It's had me scratching my head quite a bit. Anyone have comments about the 3C compound? Since I moved from XC weekend warrior, to enduro/lite DH weekend warrior, I've been a Schwalbe guy, keen to give these a try!attachicon.gifIMG_20161019_160257.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161019_160320.jpg

Odd. The left tyre in the first pic is definitely a Minion DHR II. I'd gooi the Minion on the back and the High Roller up front.

Shot for the replies, hesitant to chuck dhr on the back as it's a 2.4 and I am sick of roaring and ripping fat, sticky back tires up all these hills! Not riding too much and will either keep the minion for the front once the high roller is done (read quite a few articles which reckon it's not half bad as a front tire - with stellar breaking capabilities) or just return it for another hr2. For the back I'm trying to get a pacestar super gravity rock razor, but no luck on that front.

Shot for the replies, hesitant to chuck dhr on the back as it's a 2.4 and I am sick of roaring and ripping fat, sticky back tires up all these hills! Not riding too much and will either keep the minion for the front once the high roller is done (read quite a few articles which reckon it's not half bad as a front tire - with stellar breaking capabilities) or just return it for another hr2. For the back I'm trying to get a pacestar super gravity rock razor, but no luck on that front.

it was interesting noting that quite a few reviewers concluded that the DHR II rolls better than the HR II, but both are slugs going uphill. Opting for the RR at the back is a good choice to pair with the DHR II.

Anyone know if the Maxxis Minion SS is available locally yet? That with the HR II looks like it could be a winning combo

Anyone know if the Maxxis Minion SS is available locally yet? That with the HR II looks like it could be a winning combo

IIRC, hubber Droo said its on order. So not yet available,but soon. Please confirm with him though.

Been riding the E13 TRS Race and TRS+ for the last two weeks. I think these are my new favourite tyres of all time...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

73e92eea9107603e8984dd380ed138fd.jpg

Edited by Nofearnofun

WTB Vigilante 27.5 x 2.3 front, WTB Trail Boss 27.5 x 2.25 rear on my trance

Maxxis Aggressor 27.5 x 2.3 front and rear on my hardtail.