AM tyres... what you running?

patches

So here it is the new rubber can't wait to try them out at Howick tomorrow. Huge thank you for the awesome service from the Evobikes team,agents don't want to bring these in and Naas made a plan and organized. Thanks guys I am stoked and the Spitty looks wicked.

post-52846-0-70438300-1463750517_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Bizkit031

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here it is the new rubber can't wait to try them out at Howick tomorrow. Huge thank you for the awesome service from the Evobikes team,agents don't want to bring these in and Naas made a plan and organized. Thanks guys I am stoked and the Spitty looks wicked.

Sorry to derail the thread, but on your CCDB InLine, do you have the new blue dustwiper or still black?

Sorry to derail the thread, but on your CCDB InLine, do you have the new blue dustwiper or still black?

Black one,but it is going in to Isiko sports for its service so will most likely change then.

• 2 weeks later...

post-37618-0-10651100-1465195645_thumb.jpg

Why do Schwalbe tyres do this - weep sealant? Every one I've had. The Onza and the Hutchinson on the front wheels never do, or any other tyre I've had.

attachicon.gifIMG_3102.jpg

Why do Schwalbe tyres do this - weep sealant? Every one I've had. The Onza and the Hutchinson on the front wheels never do, or any other tyre I've had.

That looks like an old nobby nic. May be old sealant in there?

No, I'm pretty pedantic with sealant. Old tyre, up to date dose of sealant. The Ralph is a new tyre, same story.

My HD's did the same thing

I think it has to do with not enough fiber/glitter/solids to block the hole.

My HD and Rock Razor did the same thing (I'm using some other funny green sealant), I've since retired the HD, but the Rock Razor is still on the back.

The Razor, beside doing that, was battling to seal some cuts I had from a Downhill event, so opened it up and found the sealant fibers had congealed into two balls.

Added some more sealant, making sure to hold it upside down to let the fibers out 1st and no issues since. No wet patches either!

I've seen Onza's do the same thing.

Maxxis on my commuter do the same thing, continental's protection and non protection tyres do the same thing...

...so these are the tyres are currently that including now the Schwalbe's which tyres don't do it?

I've seen Onza's do the same thing.

Maxxis on my commuter do the same thing, continental's protection and non protection tyres do the same thing...

...so these are the tyres are currently that including now the Schwalbe's which tyres don't do it?

My Ibex isn't doing it, nor did my magic mary. My HD is. 

deg·ra·da·tion
ˌdeɡrəˈdāSH(ə)n

miskien?

My Onza tyres have never wept. The sealant in these tyres is Stans - always a new dose. Some other tyres have oozed, but then they stop when the walls get saturated.

Had this issue with Conti's that came with my bike. We got past it by mixing Tube sealant in with the normal sealant... With the tube sealant being much thicker, it sealed the side walls and stopped the weeping. Took a top up or three and 2-3 weeks to seal them completely but it works well...Also seemed to help for bigger punctures where the normal sealant didn't want to seal.

Since switched to Onza Ibex front and rear, 6 months, no weeping... But they have the FRC sidewalls which are thicker and probably helps.

Also, I personally don't use Stans, Personally find the batches are too inconsistent, one batch is basically just water and the next sludge... Joke is that the local suppliers water the stuff down to make more money...but who knows! 

Sticking with Tyre Juice, seals the wheels every time!

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-enduro-tire-seven-combos-in-comparison/

Wish Schwalbe had sent the Rock Razor instead of the Nobby Nic for the rear, or at lease sent it in trailstar guise.... But interesting comparison. 

i dont think it was Schwalbe's fault: the test is predicated on a pairing for all conditions. The RR fails when it gets wet, and that's not yet getting to the muddy conditions.

Here's the testers perspective:

For the rest of us, the pleasure comes from being out riding rather than spending a disproportionate amount of time in the shed changing tires. The ideal tire combination therefore shouldn’t just unite the optimal balance of grip, puncture resistance and minimal rolling resistance, but it should also be able to perform on a multitude of terrains and in various conditions – wet or dry, rocky or muddy.